T-Mobile

Chris Cc

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

I am locked in a contract with t-mobile but want to get ether the 920 or the 808.

If I get an unlocked 920 will it work with my sim card? I don't care about data I just need it to call/text, and possibly use wifi every now and then.

Do I need the data plan to use GPS/turn by turn?

Thanks,
Chris

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

I am locked in a contract with t-mobile but want to get ether the 920 or the 808.

If I get an unlocked 920 will it work with my sim card? I don't care about data I just need it to call/text, and possibly use wifi every now and then.

Do I need the data plan to use GPS/turn by turn?

Thanks,
Chris

Not sure about the 808 but for the 920, yes. The only way to get the 920 to work with T-Mobile (as of now that is) is with either an UNLOCKED ROGERS Lumia 920 or with one of the Developer's Build Units given away at the Developer Conference. The Dev Units (Developer Units) will cost you a pretty penny though and can be found on ebay. For a Rogers Unlocked, do a search on the forums. There's info on how you can go about getting one. I'm on USA T-Mobile and love my 920!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
There is a huge thread on people doing this something like 100-300 post in it. 😊
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

justsimpleinfo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had TMo with my 920, I just canceled yesterday and ported to Solavei Same service but cheaper.

You can try to get a international version if you are in a Refram area, I believe it should work also.

Rogers Unlocked 920 will work. Or you can get a 920 and use it with Straightalk, and just get the ATT Sim...

I have a Dev Unit. Just pop in the sim, and it should load everything for you if not, tuning the APN's are easy, lots of examples online here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium