12-24-2012, 01:51 PM #26
- 87 Posts
Anyway, thanks again.
12-27-2012, 12:03 AM #30
- 95 Posts
I just bought the charging stand today. There was also an update to the Nokia Accessories today. So I'm not sure if the "Weather & Calendar" option is new or not. I've seen unboxing videos and the charging stand set up didn't have this option before. Anyway, I really like the stand. I wish it was about half the price, but other than that no complaints.
About Weather & Calendar. I have this option in the accessories setup (along with all of the other apps on the phone to launch via NFC tap). It shows a huge clock and a weather icon with temp. Once enabled, the screen stays on and unlocked. It is a screen saver and moves around every 30 seconds or so. One really nice feature of this accessory app is that when it is running, you can swipe up or down to adjust the brightness...nice touch!
If you already had the stand and were looking for a clock app, see if the update gave you another option for Weather & Calendar.
12-27-2012, 12:15 AM #31
- 990 Posts
- 12-27-2012, 12:31 AM #32
I bought a red plate the other day (which hasn't arrived yet) and just went out and scored a stand for $29 from my Telstra store. I'll give my thoughts on which is better once the plate arrives.
So far I've got one problem with the stand. I want it to launch the alarm app through nfc but it isn't listed in the list of apps in the settings page. Kind of annoying. Other than that it seems pretty nice.
- By ImmortalWarrior in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 38Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
- By ImAdrian23 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM
- By ssapre in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 14Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:55 PM
- By ssapre in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 8Last Post: 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
- By 0im in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 11-13-2012, 11:18 AM