sounds popping through speaker

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi people

I cannot work out if I have a software or hardware issue, but there is an issue. My phone makes little popping noises at the start of some sound effects. Not all throughout the sound file, but at the start and possibly the end of them. Music seems to play ok, but it will s hard to tell as there is usually a lot going on so hard to distinguish if it is doing it. I notice it frequently.

If it is a hardware problems then I will need to send it back. If it is a software problem I can wait to see if the Portico update fixes it.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been popping on the typing sound lately, I've never noticed it before a couple days ago. It only does it randomly and infrequently but it sounds like poo

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I type, I sometimes get popping sound on my HTC 8x. I am not sire if this is os issue or my model issue. Now i know I'm not the only one.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, portico update will fix it, its amazing now. It bothered me soo bad

So the Portico update fixed it? I meant to add above that I have a Lumia 920. Damn sweet phone, but that popping was a deal breaker. Sorry to hear the HTC guy has the same issue, but at least that fills me with some confidence that this is a software issue.

thanks.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have the Lumia 920, portico fixed that issue, that was a huge concern for me too, now it skips songs without crackling or hissing, and when u take out the headphones it stops the music much faster now instead of playing through the speaker for a second.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh lord! Just tried the Disney game, Where's my Perry. My speaker sounds shocking. Anyone else have this issue? The loading tune is just static!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Crazy that it affects two different brands. Hints at software issues, but I can't believe it would have signed off with such a major flaw. Jessica Alba never said a damn thing about the popping.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha true that, too many bugs, the big one for me is the bottom lit buttons sometimes remain off until I lock the phone and unlock again after portico

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
After ativ s, i have two L920 and L1020 (all are new), same problem!!! Bifore any sound i have little popping...
Black OS
:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea