Where can I get an unlocked Lumia 920 (or one locked and an unlock code) (International user here)

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Maybe you all can help me.
I am a big WP fan (bought a first gen WP for the wife) and I am very eager to get a Lumia 920 (any colour really, except maybe Black).
I am in the Caribbean, so I would need an unlocked phone with "all the bands" (just to be safe).

Where can I purchase one? I don't mind having to purchase one locked to any particular network and then getting an unlock code.

From where I stand it is so frustrating... I really do want the phone. I would have no problem paying 600 or 700 etc that an unlocked device might go for, but I can't find one anywhere.

Can someone point me anywhere? Could I buy one from Rogers in Canada and then unlock it?
I see Phones4u in the UK are selling SIM free, which isn't the same as unlocked.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Anywhere in Australia i guess. Any 920 you buy here (unbranded or from a carrier) is unlocked. Plus we have all the colours (including cyan and grey).

Just a suggestion.

bugmenot10

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the only Lumia 920 that supports all LTE and GSM bands, is the Developer Edition Lumia 920 which is not for sale (I have one). That version is slightly unstable as my phone will constantly be switching bands and sometimes in the midst of switching, the connection is lost and it goes to EDGE. Not sure if its a problem with my device

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the only Lumia 920 that supports all LTE and GSM bands, is the Developer Edition Lumia 920 which is not for sale (I have one). That version is slightly unstable as my phone will constantly be switching bands and sometimes in the midst of switching, the connection is lost and it goes to EDGE. Not sure if its a problem with my device

Flash with the 1314 rogers rom, its rock solid and hardware specs wise its the same as the developer phone, pentaband gsm + lte

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

Maybe you all can help me.
I am a big WP fan (bought a first gen WP for the wife) and I am very eager to get a Lumia 920 (any colour really, except maybe Black).
I am in the Caribbean, so I would need an unlocked phone with "all the bands" (just to be safe).

Where can I purchase one? I don't mind having to purchase one locked to any particular network and then getting an unlock code.

From where I stand it is so frustrating... I really do want the phone. I would have no problem paying 600 or 700 etc that an unlocked device might go for, but I can't find one anywhere.

Can someone point me anywhere? Could I buy one from Rogers in Canada and then unlock it?
I see Phones4u in the UK are selling SIM free, which isn't the same as unlocked.

I'm also in the Caribbean and bought mine unlocked on eBay. I chose the Rogers Lumia 920 because it is pentaband. Only paid 560$.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss