We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. christopherbarran's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hello All,

    Maybe you all can help me.
    I am a big WP fan (bought a first gen WP for the wife) and I am very eager to get a Lumia 920 (any colour really, except maybe Black).
    I am in the Caribbean, so I would need an unlocked phone with "all the bands" (just to be safe).

    Where can I purchase one? I don't mind having to purchase one locked to any particular network and then getting an unlock code.

    From where I stand it is so frustrating... I really do want the phone. I would have no problem paying 600 or 700 etc that an unlocked device might go for, but I can't find one anywhere.

    Can someone point me anywhere? Could I buy one from Rogers in Canada and then unlock it?
    I see Phones4u in the UK are selling SIM free, which isn't the same as unlocked.
  2. kathybee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    you can get Nokia Lumia 920 unlock code for rogers Canada from WickedUnlock.com.. when my mobile was locked I got my unlock code from them and enjoyed all network usage on my mobile... try your luck...
  3. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Anywhere in Australia i guess. Any 920 you buy here (unbranded or from a carrier) is unlocked. Plus we have all the colours (including cyan and grey).

    Just a suggestion.
  4. bugmenot10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Actually, the only Lumia 920 that supports all LTE and GSM bands, is the Developer Edition Lumia 920 which is not for sale (I have one). That version is slightly unstable as my phone will constantly be switching bands and sometimes in the midst of switching, the connection is lost and it goes to EDGE. Not sure if its a problem with my device
  5. pankaj981's Avatar

    Posts
    6,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot10 View Post
    Actually, the only Lumia 920 that supports all LTE and GSM bands, is the Developer Edition Lumia 920 which is not for sale (I have one). That version is slightly unstable as my phone will constantly be switching bands and sometimes in the midst of switching, the connection is lost and it goes to EDGE. Not sure if its a problem with my device
    Flash with the 1314 rogers rom, its rock solid and hardware specs wise its the same as the developer phone, pentaband gsm + lte
  6. jojapath's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    317 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherbarran View Post
    Hello All,

    Maybe you all can help me.
    I am a big WP fan (bought a first gen WP for the wife) and I am very eager to get a Lumia 920 (any colour really, except maybe Black).
    I am in the Caribbean, so I would need an unlocked phone with "all the bands" (just to be safe).

    Where can I purchase one? I don't mind having to purchase one locked to any particular network and then getting an unlock code.

    From where I stand it is so frustrating... I really do want the phone. I would have no problem paying 600 or 700 etc that an unlocked device might go for, but I can't find one anywhere.

    Can someone point me anywhere? Could I buy one from Rogers in Canada and then unlock it?
    I see Phones4u in the UK are selling SIM free, which isn't the same as unlocked.
    I'm also in the Caribbean and bought mine unlocked on eBay. I chose the Rogers Lumia 920 because it is pentaband. Only paid 560$.
  7. pankaj981's Avatar

    Posts
    6,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,099 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jojapath View Post
    I'm also in the Caribbean and bought mine unlocked on eBay. I chose the Rogers Lumia 920 because it is pentaband. Only paid 560$.
    i paid us$ 315 😁

Similar Threads

  1. Where did you get your UNLOCKED lumia 920?
    By kathryncheng in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
  2. Where can I find unlocked Lumia 920
    By sajus in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
  4. Where can I get an unlocked Windows Phone 8
    By zxeonz in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

";