Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muessig

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, but cant find anything except US experiences.

If anybody has had any luck could you please post instructions. Will be making the purchase tomorrow and want it updated as soon as.

Global Posts
    4,203 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    This will be because the only way to get the update in the UK/EU at the moment is flashing a build from Navifirm or the Nokia Care Suite or some mixture of the two (I've not tried it so I'm not sure on the process). The official OTA update isn't due to start until February at the earliest according to Nokia's press release, although Elop has replied to people's outraged emails saying they're hoping to start the rollout sooner than this.
    Thanked by:
    barareklam likes this.

I looking forward to it, I am hoping it will fix a few niggles. Notably the popping sounds that happen a little too often for my liking.

There's a beligian firmware available that seems to work for people in the UK. Haven't tried it myself.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Is flashing from navifirm any harder than jailbreaking an iphone. Im not good with terminology so they could b the same but different.

Tahiti Bob, where have you heard about people using the Belgian firmware? Is it safe to do?

On a side note, when someone refers to their phone as being 'bricked' does it mean completely useless or needs to be flashed?

Overclockers forum.
    Almost a year since that Flipboard announcement...

I am happy to wait for the official one as I don't want any issues with it.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I think i will do the same too. Smartphones are so unpredictable when it comes to software updates.

I dont understand how people can have different outcomes when it comes to updating firmware. I guess there are so many factors involved in the phone running optimally.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    I flashed the Belgium software since i live there and could not be any happier.

Battery life improved dramaticly, reboot issue's are over and my 920 runs way cooler when gaming or navigating

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Soooo tempting. Guess my opinion may change when i have the device in hand... and want those delicious fixes

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafiatounes View Post
    Battery life improved dramaticly, reboot issue's are over and my 920 runs way cooler when gaming or navigating
    Yet they're making us wait for it... why do they want us to hate them so much?

Im on EE in UK and flashed Belgium software, after removing the keyboards and few other things im back to normal only difference I notice is the .co.uk button on the KB is .com(which I prefer).
    Love how WP now let me restore from my old app list and messages ,, all worked so well,, too early into using it(flashed a hour ago) to have any long term difference/problems but seems fine now

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Have you noticed an improvement in the camera? This would be the main reason for me wanting this update

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meandu229 View Post
    Im on EE in UK and flashed Belgium software, after removing the keyboards and few other things im back to normal only difference I notice is the .co.uk button on the KB is .com(which I prefer).
    Love how WP now let me restore from my old app list and messages ,, all worked so well,, too early into using it(flashed a hour ago) to have any long term difference/problems but seems fine now
    Mind messaging me (or e-mail, whatever) some details on how to do this? I'm in the UK on EE and wouldn't mind the update.

Cheers.