Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rdifiori
  1.    #1  
    This is the 2nd time this has happened to me i sit my phone down after sending a text and check it again in a few minutes and it wont turn on I have tried everything i tried charging it and it wont turn on that way the people at the AT@T store said it was a freak accident that happens but not that often someone help me and tell me what im doing wrong..

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I suggest you go back to the store and ask to swap the battery. See if that solves the problem. If not, ask them to replace it. Occassionally, there are some lemons made in the batch of phones.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    This happened to my 920 several times. To "turn it on" hold the power button and the volume down button for 10 or 15 seconds. This will do a soft reset. Most like the phone is "on" but locked up when this happens to you. Just reset it using the button combo I just mentioned; I bet it will work. To avoid this from occurring, you need to find the app that's causing the problem. For me it was Nokia Drive+ Beta. There may be other apps that cause the problem too. Maybe ditch all apps and add one back a day to figure out which is causing the issue.
    Clodagh Ronan likes this.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I suggest you go back to the store and ask to swap the battery. See if that solves the problem. If not, ask them to replace it. Occassionally, there are some lemons made in the batch of phones.
    You cannot swap the battery in a 920. Not without disassembling the device, anyway.