Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    how do i make my 920 do this? everytime i take a picture in low light or in total darkness i get no image and my screen flashes white then back to normal. it has done this on all 3 of my lumia 920s ive had since launch

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    heres the white flash when i take low light pictures. ,y first 2 cyan 920s from att did this and now my cyan 920 from nokia does it.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    I don't have that flash. I assume you talk about the instant screen flash after you take a picture? When you take a picture in total darkness like in 2nd video, your picture will come out completely dark. You need at least a little of light source in the room to have a good picture with 920.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    I don't have that flash. I assume you talk about the instant screen flash after you take a picture? When you take a picture in total darkness like in 2nd video, your picture will come out completely dark. You need at least a little of light source in the room to have a good picture with 920.
    the second video was taken by using my 1st lumia ( bad battery) taking a pick with my 2nd lumia ( bad battery) and showing a white screen flash after a picture is taken in darkens. my 3rd lumia ( battery was good until the update last wee no it sucks) has the flash also

how did he get a picture of that bed room with no light?

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I've just tried taking a photo in low light and it works perfectly, I was actually surprised at how well it worked as I'd not tried it before.

Put it to Night mode instead of Auto and it was a beaut.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Is your focus assist light on?

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zolgi View Post
    Is your focus assist light on?
    I saw somebody post on the YouTube video saying to try without this, I tried without it and it seems to work the same.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Heres a video of me trying to do it . A nokia lumia 920 is recording while a lumia 920 is trying t o take a picture.
    both lumias do the white screen flash

yes the assist light was on

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    That white flash is pissing me off. Its not messing up the images but it just bothers me. It only happens on night mode

i have the same question. My 920 makes good pictures with low lights but not "no light". I am wondering how he took those pictures.

Night mode can take pics in some pretty low light. But not extremely low light. You need some ambient light.

The room likely had more light than it looks like in the video, but you can't tell because of the limitations of the video camera itself. It is likely not some expensive video camera that has some awesome low light optimization. So through the video camera it looks like a pitch black room, but in reality it's just a pretty dark room.

Turn in your hallway lights and tun on a bathroom or closet light in the other side of the room. It's likely not pitch black in the room when you look at it with your own eyes. But if you take a video of it with even a decent video camera, it likely looks pretty black. If you take a picture with a regular point & shoot or cell phone without flash, it's likely black.
    Last edited by Winning Guy; 12-24-2012 at 01:24 AM.

LOL this guy is hilarious!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Is it me or is the guy in the video a ******?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I'v taken pictures of low lit rooms but had light behind me but I was wondering if it was possible to do what the ****** in the video did