Try this to improve your battery life.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the longer I keep my 920 on the charger = the longer it can last off charger.
On Friday, I charged my 920 for a couple hours and got it off charger as soon as I saw it had 100% of battery. But then with very light use, mostly on stand by, it dropped around 5% or so. I decided to put it on charger again when I went to bed, because I was going to a road trip on Saturday and I didn't want it died on the road. So it was on charger for around 8 hours, and I pulled it off charger around 8:30 am on Saturday.
Here is what I did with the phone: I made several short phone calls( less than 5 mins each), played games for about 5 mins, took pictures( not a lot pictures, and they were uploaded to my skydrive), emailed back and forth for a little bit, surfed the web for some info, and some chatting on apps and texting as well. And now, my 920 still has more than 40%. I am very satisfied with this battery life. Let me know if this helps your battery life as well.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I never actually tested this but seeing all these battery life issues puzzles me because my battery can always last through the day sometimes with 10-20% left by the time I need to charge it before bed.
I always leave my phone charged overnight so I think that may have helped?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This isn't ideal, but my wife's 920 lasted 1 day, 12 hours with 6 hrs remaining with data off. (technically roaming off since we're roaming in Canada for the holidays). No calls, but persistent WiFi, gaming, GroupMe, emails and such. Data is the culprit and I think if people are typically on WiFi all day, turning data off will help.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the battery meter is the issue. I notice that my phone will stay at 100% for a few hours after an all night charging and then it will deplete normally. Maybe 100% isn't really 100%

Justin Chong

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
wouldn't charging through the night lead to a pregnant battery? i thought people used to use we couldn't overcharge them. :unhappysweat:

najibest

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the battery meter is the issue. I notice that my phone will stay at 100% for a few hours after an all night charging and then it will deplete normally. Maybe 100% isn't really 100%

I actually experienced the exact same thing....the battery meter showed 100% after I took if off the charger at 2AM and still at 100% at 6.30AM even after it went through 3 rounds of alarms...

however, once I started to use some apps, Line Messenger mostly, the battery starts to deplete pretty fast...take note that however my connection are over 3G rather than wifi...I recharge it back this morning to 100% and now after 5 hours off charger...i'm at 63% with the following...all on 3G:

1. Line messenger (consistent usage)
2. 1 Push Outlook email with "as item arrive" setting
3. Location ON
4. 3 Apps Running in Background (VEVO, My Prayer, and Battery Tile and Log)
5. Nokia Drive Beta + blocked
6. Viewed the people hub (updated with FB and Twitter) a couple of times
7. Consistently checking for the battery level

I've reset the phone last night and immediately downloaded maps for the Nokia Maps app...using wifi the battery level dropped less that 8% despite me downloading 3 maps with about 500Mb worth of data for about 1.5 hours (connection was pretty slow last night)..

I did some roaming recently and with only wifi, the battery life was good..lasting close to 13 hours despite chatting on Line messenger for close to 3 hours...40 sms and 1 10 minute phone call..and browsing some websites intermittently whenever I can get wifi...

so I concluded that the main issue for the battery drain is actually the combination of apps installed and the usage of 3G radio and not really a bad battery issue.......I have no idea how it would work on 4G as I have no 4G coverage where I live...I don't use 2G as well since the 2G connection in my area is bad that it's useless for data usage...

now I wish Nokia would push an update that would fix the high battery usage while using 3G connection...then i'll be fully satisfied with my device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos