Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By George Ponder

Hey guys, give this app a try! :D
    Out Now: CameraPro for Windows Phone 8! | PureView Club

I just bought this a few hours ago, but I never had a chance to actually try it out.
    I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Looks interesting but no trial is really going to hurt them. For one, I'm not buying it until I read feedback about how it performs. Specially given the ratings for their other apps.

Yeah, definitely need trial before I will purchase this expensive app. Looks really cool but you can't tell how well it works without trying it. Also the app is just too expensive, might grab it if it's 0.99
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Just wrapping up a review... solid, feature rich app but with a few little quirks to it. I agree that the lack of a trial will hurt this one though.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    Just wrapping up a review... solid, feature rich app but with a few little quirks to it. I agree that the lack of a trial will hurt this one though.
    I agree. It has a lot of features, but like you mentioned, it has some quirks and bugs that needs to get fixed.
    I'm still messing with it, and it'll take me some time to get used to it.

I just bought it and tested it. Overall quite nice. One thing I did notice is that photo quality is the same as the system camera - I have AU firmware so photos are still quite soft. Noticed with Camera Easy app mentioned in another thread the image quality is much better. I think it's gotta do with this lens thing. If an app hooks into the lens it uses the system camera, where as a standalone camera app can use their own algorithms?

Interesting - may give this a shot. It'd be nice to have all those options available like that. Really wish MS or Nokia would make RAW images available.
    $2.49 isn't too much, but 5 rating at an average or 3 stars
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

So I emailed the developer and he told me that the update was submitted to MS a week ago. It should be up in the next few days.

"I have submitted an update to Microsoft last weekend which should be available this week or early in next week which fixes the HTC problems, improves bracketing, and adds manual white balance along some other improvements."

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    $2.49 isn't too much, but 5 rating at an average or 3 stars
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Yea but if you actually read the reviews, all the 1 stars are coming from HTC 8X owners for which CameraPro does not work at the moment. Take out all the HTC 8X user reviews and you end up with an average above 4 stars.

Still waiting for trial version.