I recently purchased BodyGuardz Carbon Fiber -- Red, here is a small review with pictures

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
http://imgur.com/a/ZV3Ps

So I’ve had my Body Guardz for a while and decided to do a little review with good pictures because there doesn’t seem to be any out there.

My first impression while pulling the product out of the packaging was that it was sleek, thin, and actually more slippery than you think in your hand. Applying the skin to the phone was fairly easy, I washed my hands, cleaned the phone and stuck it on like a kid does with his sticker-books. The back piece is big and was slightly difficult to set it right. I took the whole piece off of the paper and then stuck it to the phone, which was a mistake. I should have pulled it off the paper and applied it to the phone at the same time, would have made it much easier to handle. I almost didn’t get it on because it was so awkward

I finally got it on and the smaller pieces on the ends were simple and easy enough. I decided not to put the piece over the Carl Zeiss plate, I guess I still can but I just though it looked good with the black bar there in the middle. As I mentioned the skin is quite slippery in your hand especially, when it’s in your pocket it seems it grips fabric really well. Which is nice because I’d find my phone slipping out of my pocket sometimes with the gloss finish. The edges look great, it is not bulky, and it doesn’t mess with Nokia’s vision of this phone at all. Over all this is a great product.
So far so good, no edges having problems sticking down, no problems with me dropping the phone, and the back is clean from smudges that are a daily cleaning for me when I had the gloss finish. I love this skin, I do recommend it.

I guess I should mention that it comes with a screen protector but I didn't put that on either. The Gorilla Glass on this Nokia is just too amazing to cover up. Maybe I’ll put it on sometime to see what it’s like, but for now this phone has definitely become better.

http://imgur.com/a/ZV3Ps

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
nice~ I was still deciding if I should get this or not. Seems like if you apply it well it turns out pretty amazing.
Would the white look nice on the black? or should I just stick with black..
And I agree, I wouldn't put on the screen protector nor the piece that covers the carl zeiss sign

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
nice~ I was still deciding if I should get this or not. Seems like if you apply it well it turns out pretty amazing.
Would the white look nice on the black? or should I just stick with black..
And I agree, I wouldn't put on the screen protector nor the piece that covers the carl zeiss sign

dude, i think that black and white would look dope. im interested in buying another for later and do black on my red... not sure. but i am stoked about this skin. its amazing!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
dude, i think that black and white would look dope. im interested in buying another for later and do black on my red... not sure. but i am stoked about this skin. its amazing!
I hope so! The picture looks pretty nice. But I'm just worried about the front. Most people seems to either not put the front pieces on or say it doesn't look the best. But I would have a black front and white back in that case... that's why I really want to see actual pictures of ppl applying the white on their black L920. Hope it will surface sometime soon!

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem to cover the corners at all, which is the most likely thing to chip once you drop your phone. There should be some kind of protection there.

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem to cover the corners at all, which is the most likely thing to chip once you drop your phone. There should be some kind of protection there.

I didnt get it thinking it'd be my case to protect my phone. I wanted something different than the gloss and i was sick of the smudges on the back. now i can set my phone down on a hard surface and not worry about the body scratching. Dropping the phone is still a possibility, but what is a little sticker going to do for that sort of protection anyway?

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice! I've been undecided on phone protection and have been switching from rear cover cases to wallet cases but in the end I always tend to take them off. I really like how it looks/feels "naked" and it makes it so much easier to mount to my car mount which is an exact fit to the 920 body. But leaving the rear bare seems to create some small scratches/stains. I had some carbon fiber film laying around so I cut out the rear shape and slapped it on for a little style and protection so it won't get any worse :) The cut corners on the top are on purpose so that it won't interfere with my car mount.

A_HlaZMCQAAIQjB.jpg:large

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3