Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Yes Andrej although the list is updating everyday.

Tried with my Win XP laptop anyway. Couldn't find product code for my L920. It isn't there.

That's bad, those restarts started to be really annoying..

How do you know which code is the Portico update?

I am looking on the care suite and can't figure out how you tell?

I updated my UK unlocked model to the belgian promimus version and everything works - but I have noticed an annoying bug in that the proximity sensor does not turn the screen back on during a call if I move it away from my face.

Anyone else had that?

Annoying... Under the 1002 listing, Scandic NO SE is shown now, but the DK isn't yet :) But could hope the Danish version shows up next week :)
    what is the difference between the firmwares that end in 1001 and 1002? I know the other one is portico, but I don't know what the difference is between those two. I have the developer edition lumia 920 with the unbranded Rogers firmware that ends in 1001, but have the option of changing to 1002 and portico. Also, will flashing a Rogers firmware relock the phone? I'm using in on the mobile USA and don't want to accidently lock the phone. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeLongJustice View Post
    what is the difference between the firmwares that end in 1001 and 1002? I know the other one is portico, but I don't know what the difference is between those two. I have the developer edition lumia 920 with the unbranded Rogers firmware that ends in 1001, but have the option of changing to 1002 and portico. Also, will flashing a Rogers firmware relock the phone? I'm using in on the mobile USA and don't want to accidently lock the phone. Thanks!
    I meant t-mobile USA. Oops!

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed Cutler View Post
    Tried with my Win XP laptop anyway. Couldn't find product code for my L920. It isn't there.

I don't think Windows Xp works with this . I don't recommend it , if you couldn't find your Product code don't worry it's being updated weekly.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
    How do you know which code is the Portico update?

I am looking on the care suite and can't figure out how you tell?
    Hello , you should look for the number 5951 here's a visual look

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    the numbers are region/group of regions specific numbers . 1001 , 1002 , 1003 ...

I really haven't tried unlocking a Roger firmware or an At&t so I can't advice you on this , its highly recommended due to the different RM number which may include physical differences. (better safe than bricked.)

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I didn't but please turn off the phone go into a dark room , turn it on and wait for a while then try it.

Quote Originally Posted by naeem151287 View Post
    Sure. I am quite certain it will work since I replaced my EE firmware with CV GB firmware earlier, but now I want to update to Portico and since there is no CV GB firmware with Portico I am trying the HK one. I don't know about the debranding though.
    I used the CEE ROM, this is Central and Eastern Europe, which is sure to be a bit closer to UK than Hong Kong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    the numbers are region/group of regions specific numbers . 1001 , 1002 , 1003 ...

I really haven't tried unlocking a Roger firmware or an At&t so I can't advice you on this , its highly recommended due to the different RM number which may include physical differences. (better safe than bricked.)
    Ok, bummer. My product code is RM-820_nam_canada_246 and the firmware is 1232.2109.1242.1001, and I see nothing like it on Navifirm :(

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeLongJustice View Post
    Ok, bummer. My product code is RM-820_nam_canada_246 and the firmware is 1232.2109.1242.1001, and I see nothing like it on Navifirm :(
    It seems Nokia isn't sleeping on it , hopefully your firmware will be out before you know it .

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjuk View Post
    I used the CEE ROM, this is Central and Eastern Europe, which is sure to be a bit closer to UK than Hong Kong?
    True. But I don't live in the UK anymore. So I used the APAC HK ROM since that's closer for me.

How can this void the warranty? Isn't it just a firmware update?

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Well , it's illegal for you to flash your phone on your own , the app we use to flash it is the same app Nokia Care Center uses to flash peoples phone.
    Still, this update is so easy that it might not even matter , but it doesn't stop from reporting that it may void your warranty , it's my job to keep you informed of your risks even if they don't actually occur.
    In other words if for some reason your phone died while flashing (which will never happen unless you didn't charge your phone or you were using a pc and the electricity went off with no backup , Nokia Care won't fix it for free ... :)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    Well , it's illegal for you to flash your phone on your own , the app we use to flash it is the same app Nokia Care Center uses to flash peoples phone.
    Still, this update is so easy that it might not even matter , but it doesn't stop from reporting that it may void your warranty , it's my job to keep you informed of your risks even if they don't actually occur.
    In other words if for some reason your phone died while flashing (which will never happen unless you didn't charge your phone or you were using a pc and the electricity went off with no backup , Nokia Care won't fix it for free ... :)
    Thanks nabkawe5, for a second I thought Nokia can tell how the phone was flashed even if the same flasher was used. The phone dying while flashing part is valid though!

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Thanks , also I think Nokia can actually check and see how many times a certain phone was flashed (and their own flashings of your IMIEs gets recorded)
    anyways with an OS that is encrypted inside and out other than the dying while flashing it certainly easy for Nokia to relax on such things.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Hello!

I'm unable to flash because it seems that the large file (>=1.3Gb) isn't accepted as a valid file even if downloaded several times through both NF, support tool and the multi software updater(!)
    My product code is 059R2B3 and the big file RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu is there for a short while after being downloaded and then it's gone and the following fault code is reported by support tool:

Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu.
    Filnamn: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu
    vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
    vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.Crc32Verification.CalculateCrc32(String fileName)
    vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.Crc32Verification.IsFileCrcEqual(String filePath, String crc)
    vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

The text "Det gick inte att hitta filen" is in Swedish and should be read as "Unable to find file".
    No Antivirus active either...

I'm on a Win7 PRO x64 with plenty of space left on the drives as well.

By the way, the MSU-tool seems really great :)
    flash-msu.jpg
    /Per

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    This is most likely because you don't have full access to your files, the space error occurs when some files are stored within program files specially if they were copied , try running as administrator as well as use the care suite instead.

Well thanks for the tutorial, but 1, i cant even get the suite to recognize the phone to get the product code, and then my product support tool wont work online so its always working offline and i cant get it to do otherwise.

Hi All,

I would like to ask. If say I dont like portico update.. Can i still downgrade back to my previous Release variants? (additional Q : Will nokia centre notice if I had upgrade and then downgrade?)

Im using: RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 .......... (but when I plug into Nokia Care suite 5... it let me download RM-821_CV_ID_12421_VaR245048_V5_Black)
    000-ID

EDIT: I actually want to flash the HK version of Portico.. please advice
    Last edited by gg31hh; 12-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekrad View Post
    Well thanks for the tutorial, but 1, i cant even get the suite to recognize the phone to get the product code, and then my product support tool wont work online so its always working offline and i cant get it to do otherwise.
    Oh I have that problem before.. took me hours to realised i have to install a driver for the care suite to read your mobile.. THE DRIVER is under installed nokia care suite5 location (C:\Program Files (x86) .......... \nokia care suite5 \ Driver folder)

Hope this help
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast