Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Winkowski View Post
    Yes it is. My phone is unlocked one from germany also.
    i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?
    Really dont know how this works. In my case i've updated using firmware with the same product code..

Quote Originally Posted by Dare2Blink View Post
    hey there. For me the 920 is not listed in the "open product" selction at all please help.
    This has been my problem to that's why I gave up.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Winkowski View Post
    Updated with the rm821 euro2 de cv white firmware (059Q9L9) my international unclocked phone and everything runs fine and i've the 4G option.
    I'm also on that firmware now - missing the automatic time adjustment and having some problems with GPS which I didn't have with the euro1...4G works perfectly though ;)

/Per
    Nokia N8, Lumia 820 (eu_sweden)@portico

It seems the Thailand version is not getting listed in there any time sooner. And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions? Anyone tried to flash the ATT ROM to test and compare?

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thyttel View Post
    Not if you flashed the GB portico update. And if your running portico then you flashed a non international portico and the your phone can't be considered the international version.
    what are you talking about I'm not in Britain, my phone is international and unlocked . Perhaps this is part of a deal with ee though....

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyluo2001 View Post
    And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions?
    No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.
    Yes the camera for me also has improved. Better focus, sharper photos and a lot better color reproduction for me.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kellow87 View Post
    what language do you need and I can check :)
    Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

/Per
    Nokia N8, Lumia 820 (eu_sweden)@portico

Just flashed the CV GB update with Portico and everything seems fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by naeem151287 View Post
    Just flashed the CV GB update with Portico and everything seems fine so far.
    is 4g enabled or not?

No option to select 4G in the options. I am not in the UK anyway so I am not fussed about it. However, I am going back to the APAC HK ROM. When I did a reset on the GB ROM I got the spinning gears and I decided to go back to the HK one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eki_13 View Post
    is 4g enabled or not?
    The German Portico "CV DE..." firmware in my sig has 4G enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by arni99 View Post
    The German Portico "CV DE..." firmware in my sig has 4G enabled.
    thank you but i;m afraid of losing guarantee if i flash with different product code.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JurayiBkk View Post
    I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.
    I don't understand , why would you use a Virtual Box , My OS is 64bit and it works perfectly (the flashing process use VC++ 2005 )
    Just make sure you have Windows 7 or 8 and you're good to go , as for the Offline part perhaps your Firewall is blocking it some how (when I launched mine the first time it asked me for internet access .

Quote Originally Posted by Eki_13 View Post
    i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?
    any reply regarding this?

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Sorry , as I don't know how Nokia operates internally , I prefer to stick with my FIRST warning this may VOID your warranty.

my code isnt here yet, 059Q8M3, but can i just install any of these or will that not work ? as i got my phone on and it has a german version and im in australia

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I would advice against it . :) , Hows the black matte treating you btw :)

Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.
    It sounds great. Then I will wait for the OTA just because of the warranty issue. After all, the phone works fine so far (not that many 'usual defects' reported here).

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Actually I couldn't take a picture while talking before Portico ,(now I could) , can anyone confirm If the old firmware doesn't allow camera to be launched while talking?

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    This post got 7.133 views , since it was published on 12-25-2012, 03:31 AM. This means 48 views per minute ... Damn the like button must be down :D
    therealper and zammi like this.

Just a question about warranty: if i flash the exact product code for my phone, will I lose warranty cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perus View Post
    Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

/Per
    mind me asking, how do you revert back o pre-portico? obviously using the refurbish program wont work, as the start button wont clickable and the software status shows not upgradeable, at least in my case. can you please tell me how? or point me the link for the tutorial on how to do that? i tried google but i only found for updating fw and bricked phone only. many thanks in advance
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast