Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 286
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Eki_13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Winkowski View Post
    Yes it is. My phone is unlocked one from germany also.
    i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?
  2. #102  
    Really dont know how this works. In my case i've updated using firmware with the same product code..
  3. Jed Cutler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare2Blink View Post
    hey there. For me the 920 is not listed in the "open product" selction at all please help.
    This has been my problem to that's why I gave up.
    Thanked by:
  4. Perus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Winkowski View Post
    Updated with the rm821 euro2 de cv white firmware (059Q9L9) my international unclocked phone and everything runs fine and i've the 4G option.
    I'm also on that firmware now - missing the automatic time adjustment and having some problems with GPS which I didn't have with the euro1...4G works perfectly though ;)

    /Per
    Nokia N8, Lumia 820 (eu_sweden)@portico
  5. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #105  
    It seems the Thailand version is not getting listed in there any time sooner. And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions? Anyone tried to flash the ATT ROM to test and compare?
  6. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by thyttel View Post
    Not if you flashed the GB portico update. And if your running portico then you flashed a non international portico and the your phone can't be considered the international version.
    what are you talking about I'm not in Britain, my phone is international and unlocked . Perhaps this is part of a deal with ee though....
  7. devize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyluo2001 View Post
    And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions?
    No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.
  8. #108  
    Yes the camera for me also has improved. Better focus, sharper photos and a lot better color reproduction for me.
  9. Perus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by kellow87 View Post
    what language do you need and I can check :)
    Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

    /Per
    Nokia N8, Lumia 820 (eu_sweden)@portico
  10. naeem151287's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #110  
    Just flashed the CV GB update with Portico and everything seems fine so far.
  11. Eki_13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem151287 View Post
    Just flashed the CV GB update with Portico and everything seems fine so far.
    is 4g enabled or not?
  12. naeem151287's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    154 Posts
    #112  
    No option to select 4G in the options. I am not in the UK anyway so I am not fussed about it. However, I am going back to the APAC HK ROM. When I did a reset on the GB ROM I got the spinning gears and I decided to go back to the HK one.
  13. arni99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki_13 View Post
    is 4g enabled or not?
    The German Portico "CV DE..." firmware in my sig has 4G enabled.
  14. Eki_13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by arni99 View Post
    The German Portico "CV DE..." firmware in my sig has 4G enabled.
    thank you but i;m afraid of losing guarantee if i flash with different product code.
  15. JurayiBkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #115  
    I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.
  16. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by JurayiBkk View Post
    I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.
    I don't understand , why would you use a Virtual Box , My OS is 64bit and it works perfectly (the flashing process use VC++ 2005 )
    Just make sure you have Windows 7 or 8 and you're good to go , as for the Offline part perhaps your Firewall is blocking it some how (when I launched mine the first time it asked me for internet access .
  17. Eki_13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki_13 View Post
    i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?
    any reply regarding this?
  18. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #118  
    Sorry , as I don't know how Nokia operates internally , I prefer to stick with my FIRST warning this may VOID your warranty.
  19. sharkiver's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #119  
    my code isnt here yet, 059Q8M3, but can i just install any of these or will that not work ? as i got my phone on and it has a german version and im in australia
  20. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #120  
    I would advice against it . :) , Hows the black matte treating you btw :)
  21. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.
    It sounds great. Then I will wait for the OTA just because of the warranty issue. After all, the phone works fine so far (not that many 'usual defects' reported here).
  22. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #122  
    Actually I couldn't take a picture while talking before Portico ,(now I could) , can anyone confirm If the old firmware doesn't allow camera to be launched while talking?
  23. Nabkawe5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
       #123  
    This post got 7.133 views , since it was published on 12-25-2012, 03:31 AM. This means 48 views per minute ... Damn the like button must be down :D
    therealper and zammi like this.
  24. tonyluo2001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #124  
    Just a question about warranty: if i flash the exact product code for my phone, will I lose warranty cover?
  25. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perus View Post
    Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

    /Per
    mind me asking, how do you revert back o pre-portico? obviously using the refurbish program wont work, as the start button wont clickable and the software status shows not upgradeable, at least in my case. can you please tell me how? or point me the link for the tutorial on how to do that? i tried google but i only found for updating fw and bricked phone only. many thanks in advance
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discussion on tutorial for force-updating to 8107
    By Daniel Rubino in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
  2. This is how pathetic Verizon is...
    By Gungzwei in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
  3. In my opinion this is how TELUS should launch the Lumia 800
    By based_graham in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 07:03 AM
  4. Has anyone successfully force update to 8107?
    By rabit1 in forum HTC HD 7 / 7s
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM
  5. An alternative (extreme) way to force update to Mango
    By ninjaap in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions