Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

what would it do to my phone? im so impatient , black matte is now shiny thanks to my armor suit skin ;)

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yudy Herwibowo View Post
    mind me asking, how do you revert back o pre-portico? obviously using the refurbish program wont work, as the start button wont clickable and the software status shows not upgradeable, at least in my case. can you please tell me how? or point me the link for the tutorial on how to do that? i tried google but i only found for updating fw and bricked phone only. many thanks in advance
    It's quite easy to revert, close NCS and empty the c:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\ folder and replace it with the old FW downloaded via Navifirm.
    NCS detects it upon next start and the start button for recovery will be available.

/Per
    Thanked by:
    Nabkawe5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    Actually I couldn't take a picture while talking before Portico ,(now I could) , can anyone confirm If the old firmware doesn't allow camera to be launched while talking?
    It was glitchy. It freezes my phone if I try to take quick pics while on call. I'm fine with 2-3 snaps, but if I carry on, the screen freezes with 100% brightness and sometimes locking/unlocking start screen works, other times, a soft reset is the only option. However, I might have to wait out for an OTA as warranty is important when you are stuck with 2 year contract on such an expensive device!
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Perus View Post
    It's quite easy to revert, close NCS and empty the c:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-821\ folder and replace it with the old FW downloaded via Navifirm.
    NCS detects it upon next start and the start button for recovery will be available.

/Per
    thank you for your reply. the start button on recovery is already available if i choose it from programming on the left corner side, then i clicked the start button, it went re-verifying packages at first then a pop up dialog saying recovery failed : unable to find error message came up. did i missed something here?

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Any sign of an EE UK Portico ROM?

thank you for your reply. the start button on recovery is already available if i choose it from programming on the left corner side, then i clicked the start button, it went re-verifying packages at first then a pop up dialog saying recovery failed : unable to find error message came up. did i missed something here?
    Are you trying to load Indonesian fw package ? (well, your name sounds like Indonesian name) - what RM-821 fw package exactly ? ... I am using CV GB fw, partially because it was not possible to install SE_NO (Scandinavian) fw - it always failed during check, so it was not even possible to start to install it ...
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari P View Post
    Are you trying to load Indonesian fw package ? (well, your name sounds like Indonesian name) - what RM-821 fw package exactly ? ... I am using CV GB fw, partially because it was not possible to install SE_NO (Scandinavian) fw - it always failed during check, so it was not even possible to start to install it ...
    as a matter of fact..yes i am :) I'm currently using RM-821 var AU telstra white, before that i was using the North Africa rom, and those two were easy to flash as its flashes straight away as an update using refurbish, and now i wish to go back to the stock fw which is downgrading fw, as portico didn't really go too well on my phone. but i haven't found any exact tutorial on just how to do that. i've tried the instruction kindly posted by Perus but still no luck.

as a matter of fact..yes i am :) I'm currently using RM-821 var AU telstra white, before that i was using the North Africa rom, and those two were easy to flash as its flashes straight away as an update using refurbish, and now i wish to go back to the stock fw which is downgrading fw, as portico didn't really go too well on my phone. but i haven't found any exact tutorial on just how to do that. i've tried the instruction kindly posted by Perus but still no luck.
    Then you should install 1232.2109.1242.1001 Indonesian CV ID variant (not new 1232.5951. CV ID fw) - it should be pretty easy to re-install it ... however, why you do not try other new 1232.5951 fw first, like DE, GB or Hong Kong (VAR HK CV) variants as they have all good responses from users ... I would not go back for old fw either :)

EDIT: can you explain what do you mean that Portico did not really go too well to your phone ? - honestly, Portico has a bunch of bug fixes, including true camera improvements - a big step better fw as old fw ... I did not find a single case so far that it did not match for old fw ...
    Last edited by Jari P; 12-29-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Then you should install 1232.2109.1242.1001 Indonesian CV ID variant (not new 1232.5951. CV ID fw) - it should be pretty easy to re-install it ... however, why you do not try other new 1232.5951 fw first, like DE, GB or Hong Kong (VAR HK CV) variants as they have all good responses from users ... I would not go back for old fw either :)
    that's the thing, i cant flash to those fw either, as the firmware i'm currently using right now happens to be a higher version than those firmwares, in basic info the firmware status showing not upgradeable and the start button on refurbish is not click able. and that is where i stuck at the moment. maybe you can tell me how? please :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Sorry for hijacking your question but I have the same issue with the NO_SE package (which is my assigned product code) and ended up with the DE 059Q9L9 package which worked as a charm ;)

/Per

that's the thing, i cant flash to those fw either, as the firmware i'm currently using right now happens to be a higher version than those firmwares, in basic info the firmware status showing not upgradeable and the start button on refurbish is not click able. and that is where i stuck at the moment. maybe you can tell me how? please :)
    Can you try by "Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5)" - then open product RM-821 - then click Programming - then chose Recovery (instead of Refurbish) and your chosen fw should see on the list - well, if you already copied that certain fw to rm-821 folder - it is in C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 .... it might ask you are you sure that you want install that assigned fw, when you click "start" :) - just answer OK ...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Perus View Post
    Sorry for hijacking your question but I have the same issue with the NO_SE package (which is my assigned product code) and ended up with the DE 059Q9L9 package which worked as a charm ;)

/Per
    I think that it is not possible to install that Scandinavian package (1232.5951_NO_SE) ... I ended up 1232.5951 GB CV package, after trying CEE CV (Romania; central europe) and DE CV too ... DE and GB are practically equal ones - either one is OK ...
    Thanked by:
    Can you try by "Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5)" - then open product RM-821 - then click Programming - then chose Recovery (instead of Refurbish) and your chosen fw should see on the list - well, if you already copied that certain fw to rm-821 folder - it is in C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-821 .... it might ask you are you sure that you want install that assigned fw, when you click "start" :) - just answer OK ...
    does it have to be on that version of PST? i have updated mine to ver. 2012.51.4.4, other than that i've done exactly the same as you suggested. but every time i click the start button on recovery, it went re-verifying the packages then recovery failed popped out. i found a short tutorial about fixing a bricked device after resetting in this forum, i did that as well, i reset the phone hoping that it would soft bricked LOL and just maybe my issue can be solved by following that tutorial, but i guess i was lucky enough, it went just fine, i did it twice though oh well I'm just gonna keep on trying and test my luck :) thank you for your help, much appreciate it. cheers :)

does it have to be on that version of PST? i have updated mine to ver. 2012.51.4.4, other than that i've done exactly the same as you suggested. but every time i click the start button on recovery, it went re-verifying the packages then recovery failed popped out. i found a short tutorial about fixing a bricked device after resetting in this forum, i did that as well, i reset the phone hoping that it would soft bricked LOL and just maybe my issue can be solved by following that tutorial, but i guess i was lucky enough, it went just fine, i did it twice though oh well I'm just gonna keep on trying and test my luck :) thank you for your help, much appreciate it. cheers :)
    I think that 2012.51.4.4 version is just OK too, I just decided not to update it ... I think that your problem is fw - maybe your download is a bad one, maybe corrupted or not a full one or maybe that certain original fw (on server) is not OK at all, just like my experience with Scandinavian Portico ... if you download Hong Kong Portico for example (1232.5951 HK CV), then I am sure that you do not experience a such problem ... just recheck downloaded fw ...

I still do not understand why you do not install that new 1232.5951 HK CV Portico for your cp ? - just try it and I am pretty sure that you will not regret it .... :)
    I think that 2012.51.4.4 version is just OK too, I just decided not to update it ... I think that your problem is fw - maybe your download is a bad one, maybe corrupted or not a full one or maybe that certain original fw (on server) is not OK at all, just like my experience with Scandinavian Portico ... if you download Hong Kong Portico for example (1232.5951 HK CV), then I am sure that you do not experience a such problem ... just recheck downloaded fw ...

I still do not understand why you do not install that new 1232.5951 HK CV Portico for your cp ? - just try it and I am pretty sure that you will not regret it .... :)
    actually i had tried HK CV portico before that i was on CV_ID which is 1232.5951.1249.1002 release version. coming from there it was an easy flash to HK CV portico which is 1232.5951.1249.1004, since the hk cv is showing as an update software version from there i went to refurbish and clicked the start button, but that still didn't fix with the heat issue so i decided to go with Var AU Telstra which is 1232.5951.1249.1007 and give it a go but now the heat issue seems a bit worse, at least on my case. that's why i wish to go back to the stock fw or to other portico rom. i use the same HK CV rom i had flashed before so it couldn't be a bad download. i think it has something to do with me using the latter release version and by flashing to other portico rom means downgrading and the PST didn't seem to like it LOL

edit : finally managed flashing to other portico rom using recovery....at last :) many thanks to Jari p and Perus :)
    Last edited by Yudy Herwibowo; 12-30-2012 at 05:17 AM.

I'm trying to download Nokia Care Suit 5.0 but it keeps getting interupted at 99%. I don't know whats wrong with my PC. Can anyone help?

Hi Guys,

Can some please explain why this method will void warranty ? (in my case I have a unlocked lumia 920 eu version)..

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Cutler View Post
    I'm trying to download Nokia Care Suit 5.0 but it keeps getting interupted at 99%. I don't know whats wrong with my PC. Can anyone help?
    Try to use that download source, some is mentioned in a great sticky thread; "Fix for bricked 920 ... " (on the beginning of a first page) ...

About warranty, I disagree that this method will void warranty here in Europe ... for example, reinstalling of OS has been a long time a basic element of Nokia Suite for fixing purpose, when an end-user has meshed it up (well, not for Lumia) - and when you have reinstalled OS once, then you know that you can do it again, if and when needed ...

NCS still wont recognize my L920. I still get the red "X" like another user posted a few posts back. button on bottom left is grayed out. :(

I decided to replace my Belgian proximus ROM with the UK unlocked ROM and of course it took away the ability to select 4G (which I will fix by using the EE rom when available)...

BUT

The UK update does improve the camera while the belgian proximus doesn't....

I don't know why they are doing that with some having improved camera performance and others not but they are...

I have a lumia 920 that i purchased on PAYG with EE in the UK. i have since had it unlocked via code from fonefunshop. I am thinking of flashing the UK unbranded firmware 059R075 but have noticed a simlock.bin file in the firmware i have downloaded. Can anyone please tell me whether this is going to affect my unlock status if i flash it ?
    I am not concerned about missing any 4g option at this stage as i am using the phone on my old Orange contract which has no 4g data enabled.

Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    If I flash my phone, will I still be able to receive future OTA updates from Microsoft/Nokia or will I be stuck on the Portico ROM? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I've never done anything like this before. I'm interested in flashing my phone, though, because I think it might help my battery :)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I've got a black L920 that i purchased from EE UK. Which ROM do i download from the list? Also what version does it upgrade to?

has anybody tried to flash with cv gb rom but replacing its simlock.bin with the one from cv de rom? Maybe that enables 4g

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    What i want to know is if you can take an AT&T phone, flash it with a rogers image. Will that suddenly enable pentaband support? Because I'd love to get my hands on a yellow or red 920 but I NEED pentaband support as I am on Wind. Anyone brave enough to try this???
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 625, 620, and 520
    iPhone 4s, Galaxy S3
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast