Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by stueyboy View Post
    Just noticed the EE UK files are on the system now (not for the black one though) - happened about 5 minutes after I flashed a generic one to my P4U EE 920 !! Currently downloading the files for the white one (mines is black)
    I am also waiting for the Black one to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jips View Post
    I am also waiting for the Black one to become available.
    I went with the ROM for the white version. I'm not sure what the difference is. I wonder if it's just the initial theme used to match the phones colour. Anyway, all seems fine and my backup restored OK. Not tried the camera yet.

EDIT: Seems to be a bit of a bug in the home screen when moving tiles about. I noticed when I was rearranging my icons. Basically the screen is freezing and can only be resolved by shutting the screen down and switching it back on again with the power key. It's quite annoying so be aware.
    Last edited by stueyboy; 01-02-2013 at 10:11 AM.

is it confirmed that cv gb update fixes the camera?
    Every update have the same fixes.
    In the list of "supported products" I don't get RM-821, so I am stuck at the very first step. What's the work around for that? Is it a Windows 8 thing?

Means you have the wrong version of NCS try updating (and reading thread)
    (new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)
    Thanked by:
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by meandu229 View Post
    Means you have the wrong version of NCS try updating (and reading thread)
    (new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)
    I read nearly 5 pages and gave up! I might end up creating a list of FAQs and answers within this thread for the OP so that he can add it in his tutorial/first post.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I read nearly 5 pages and gave up! I might end up creating a list of FAQs and answers within this thread for the OP so that he can add it in his tutorial/first post.
    Your "Product Support tool for Store 5.0" of "Nokia Care Suite" should be ver. 2012.45.4.5 - is it ?

Here is the good source for all basic information:

Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!
    treble3 likes this.

EE Firmware for all colours are on navifirm now im downloading the black one as we speak.going pretty slow though (1232.5951.1249.1017)
    I had to clear my cache to get it to show
    EE Yellow updated in less than 7 minutes. Download was real quick too. Just setting up my phone and will let you know if anything feels superior.

So which is the newest fw for the uk 920 059r1w4 rm821 ee 1232.5951.1247.1017 or 059r075 rm821 cv gb var261096 1231.5951.1249.1004

Quote Originally Posted by treble3 View Post
    So which is the newest fw for the uk 920 059r1w4 rm821 ee 1232.5951.1247.1017 or 059r075 rm821 cv gb var261096 1231.5951.1249.1004
    This one: rm821 ee 1232.5951.1249.1017 (1 day old) - I have been using GB CV 1232.5951.1249.1004 for few days, it is already a week old fw ... :)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Had you gone a couple of pages further, I even posted screenshots showing the update button

So whats the verdict for EE UK?? Camera? Does it have 4G enabled etc etc??

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hope the EE 4G is working as i will flash my phone if it does.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thyttel View Post
    So whats the verdict for EE UK?? Camera? Does it have 4G enabled etc etc??
    Well, I had the pre-portico EE Black version on my 920 and that has 4G enabled; so I'd assume the 4G will be working with Portico update too...
    Only issue will be is your phone will be SIM locked to EE with this update (going by the files in update), so International "unlocked" beware.....

What are you tallking about?

EE UK IS international unlocked............. or at least it should be. Don't think it's Everything Everywhere UK

*EDIT*

Ok , on a closer look, it does seem to be Everything Everywhere UK. Damn!!!

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thyttel View Post
    What are you tallking about?

EE UK IS international unlocked............. or at least it should be. Don't think it's Everything Everywhere UK
    No, EE UK is locked.... Just like other exclusive carriers....
    Try by all means, BUT I'm certain any firmware from EE UK (everything everywhere UK) is SIM Locked as its the only 4G provider at the mo....

Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    No, EE UK is locked.... Just like other exclusive carriers....
    Try by all means, BUT I'm certain any firmware from EE UK (everything everywhere UK) is SIM Locked as its the only 4G provider at the mo....
    Carriers that lock their Phones are so 1990's. Carriers don't lock Phones here in Denmark anymore.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

On the EE firmware they have changed it from H to 3g+ in the portico update.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The version of the Nokia Care Suite which is linked in the OP seems to be an older version which doesn't support the Lumia 920.
    The version found on softpedia is: 5.0_2012.40.5.8

The proper version which does support the Lumia 920 can be found in the in the "Fix for bricked 920's after reset" thread.
    This version is: 5.0_2012.45.4.5

I suggest this is fixed to prevent confusion.

I flashed my EE black 920 last night and it seems to have gone OK. I also have seen 3G+ but also H+ on the signal strength. 4G appears to be enabled but I only have a 3G SIM so can't comment on whether it works or not. Left it last night off the charger and this morning it said there was 5 days charge left! So I think the battery meter needs some time to settle down.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    Actually, what would happen if I flashed the wrong product code? I don't think there's much difference between my carrier free Singapore version and other carrier free versions. Would something go wrong?
    Anyone know? :o

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    Anyone know? :o
    I flashed the unbranded UK firmware onto my unbranded Swedish (telenor) phone yesterday. I haven't had any real problems so far, however, the phone gets a little bit hotter than it used to during light use. Not sure if this is just me or if others experience this as well?

Anyway, in your case I'm not sure (since I haven't tried it) and I won't advise you to do it nor be liable for any possible issues that follow such an update, but it seems to be possible as long as you stick to the correct rm-820/rm-821 version. There's people who flashed UK phones with other european firmwares, another swedish phone with t-mobile german firmware and so on.

I think you would want (and I certainly will) reflash the phone with the correct firmware once the update is officially released for my phone and region.

Also, you will most likely have to set up the Data/MMS connection manually through the "Access Point" selection in the settings list.

Another thing to consider is that different firmwares allow different radios. For instance I cannot access any 4G networks with the UK firmware (which I could with the previous correct firmware) but that doesn't bother me since my provider doesn't have 4G yet.
    Thanked by:
    Swedish variants now up on navifirm:
    bayimg - image: sweden.png - free uncensored image hosting
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast