(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: (new product codes) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Yes it is. My phone is unlocked one from germany also.

i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?

anon(5395037)

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: (new product codes) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Really dont know how this works. In my case i've updated using firmware with the same product code..

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Updated with the rm821 euro2 de cv white firmware (059Q9L9) my international unclocked phone and everything runs fine and i've the 4G option.

I'm also on that firmware now - missing the automatic time adjustment and having some problems with GPS which I didn't have with the euro1...4G works perfectly though ;)

/Per

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

It seems the Thailand version is not getting listed in there any time sooner. And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions? Anyone tried to flash the ATT ROM to test and compare?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Not if you flashed the GB portico update. And if your running portico then you flashed a non international portico and the your phone can't be considered the international version.

what are you talking about I'm not in Britain, my phone is international and unlocked . Perhaps this is part of a deal with ee though....

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

And from the other posts I got from here, it seems that upgrading through this 'flash' process is not improving the camera like the ATT version. Maybe this is why they don't put it OTA for international versions?

No, it does improve the camera. Photos are noticeably sharper when zoomed in and colour reproduction is better. I had two 920s to compare photos with and they are definitely improved on the Portico update (Australian firmware). My battery life seems to be better and bluetooth has been improved (my phone automatically connects to my car now, where previously it did not). Overall a pretty decent update.

anon(5395037)

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Yes the camera for me also has improved. Better focus, sharper photos and a lot better color reproduction for me.

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
(new product codes) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

what language do you need and I can check :)

Thanks but I've already tried it and all languages were there but the GPS stopped working so had to revert to pre-portico :(

/Per

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just flashed the CV GB update with Portico and everything seems fine so far.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No option to select 4G in the options. I am not in the UK anyway so I am not fussed about it. However, I am going back to the APAC HK ROM. When I did a reset on the GB ROM I got the spinning gears and I decided to go back to the HK one.

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

The German Portico "CV DE..." firmware in my sig has 4G enabled.

thank you but i;m afraid of losing guarantee if i flash with different product code.

JurayiBkk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I can't install Portico, my Multi Software Updater shown "OFFLINE". How can I make it becoming "ONLINE"? I installed them on Virtual Box as my main Os is 64 bit.

I don't understand , why would you use a Virtual Box , My OS is 64bit and it works perfectly (the flashing process use VC++ 2005 )
Just make sure you have Windows 7 or 8 and you're good to go , as for the Offline part perhaps your Firewall is blocking it some how (when I launched mine the first time it asked me for internet access .

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

i have a question about warranty. As i saw when i first turned on phone, activation for warranty is done as soon as connected to internet for first time. I suppose that product id and image version are send while activating. So if a flash my uk phone with a deutschalnd image it will activate again for warranty but with different image and product code while keeping the same imei. As a result, even if i flash it back with original image, nokia will know that i have flashed it with another image and warranty is lost. Am i wrong?

any reply regarding this?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Sorry , as I don't know how Nokia operates internally , I prefer to stick with my FIRST warning this may VOID your warranty.

sharkiver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

my code isnt here yet, 059Q8M3, but can i just install any of these or will that not work ? as i got my phone on and it has a german version and im in australia

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

I would advice against it . :) , Hows the black matte treating you btw :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo