(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

I'm trying to download Nokia Care Suit 5.0 but it keeps getting interupted at 99%. I don't know whats wrong with my PC. Can anyone help?

yassir.malak

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: (30+ new product codes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install

Hi Guys,

Can some please explain why this method will void warranty ? (in my case I have a unlocked lumia 920 eu version)..

thanks

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to download Nokia Care Suit 5.0 but it keeps getting interupted at 99%. I don't know whats wrong with my PC. Can anyone help?

Try to use that download source, some is mentioned in a great sticky thread; "Fix for bricked 920 ... " (on the beginning of a first page) ...

About warranty, I disagree that this method will void warranty here in Europe ... for example, reinstalling of OS has been a long time a basic element of Nokia Suite for fixing purpose, when an end-user has meshed it up (well, not for Lumia) - and when you have reinstalled OS once, then you know that you can do it again, if and when needed ...

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

NCS still wont recognize my L920. I still get the red "X" like another user posted a few posts back. button on bottom left is grayed out. :(

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I decided to replace my Belgian proximus ROM with the UK unlocked ROM and of course it took away the ability to select 4G (which I will fix by using the EE rom when available)...

BUT

The UK update does improve the camera while the belgian proximus doesn't....

I don't know why they are doing that with some having improved camera performance and others not but they are...

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I have a lumia 920 that i purchased on PAYG with EE in the UK. i have since had it unlocked via code from fonefunshop. I am thinking of flashing the UK unbranded firmware 059R075 but have noticed a simlock.bin file in the firmware i have downloaded. Can anyone please tell me whether this is going to affect my unlock status if i flash it ?
I am not concerned about missing any 4g option at this stage as i am using the phone on my old Orange contract which has no 4g data enabled.

Thanks in advance

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

If I flash my phone, will I still be able to receive future OTA updates from Microsoft/Nokia or will I be stuck on the Portico ROM? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I've never done anything like this before. I'm interested in flashing my phone, though, because I think it might help my battery :)

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I've got a black L920 that i purchased from EE UK. Which ROM do i download from the list? Also what version does it upgrade to?

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

has anybody tried to flash with cv gb rom but replacing its simlock.bin with the one from cv de rom? Maybe that enables 4g

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

What i want to know is if you can take an AT&T phone, flash it with a rogers image. Will that suddenly enable pentaband support? Because I'd love to get my hands on a yellow or red 920 but I NEED pentaband support as I am on Wind. Anyone brave enough to try this???

Mad Sot

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

What the ****? Product Support Tool for Store cannot recognize my Lumia 920.
RM-821 is not in the list...
What am I doing wrong?

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I have a lumia 920 that i purchased on PAYG with EE in the UK. i have since had it unlocked via code from fonefunshop. I am thinking of flashing the UK unbranded firmware 059R075 but have noticed a simlock.bin file in the firmware i have downloaded. Can anyone please tell me whether this is going to affect my unlock status if i flash it ?
I am not concerned about missing any 4g option at this stage as i am using the phone on my old Orange contract which has no 4g data enabled.

Thanks in advance

To answer my own question and maybe help somebody else..........I flashed the unbranded CV UK Rom and the simlock bin file did not affect my unlock at all. I'm now running Portico on my unlocked UK EE Lumina 920 with no problems at all

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

here is another quesion which is kind of lame and will piss you off but i have to ask it
Im a patient person and can wait for the official update that will be downloadable directly from the phone
will it be available anytime soon in my lumia 920 or what ???

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Try updating the NCS See attached pictureCapture.JPG. Mine was like yours until I updated

NCS still wont recognize my L920. I still get the red "X" like another user posted a few posts back. button on bottom left is grayed out. :(

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

What i want to know is if you can take an AT&T phone, flash it with a rogers image. Will that suddenly enable pentaband support? Because I'd love to get my hands on a yellow or red 920 but I NEED pentaband support as I am on Wind. Anyone brave enough to try this???

The ATT version doesn't have Pentaband radios in it, so this won't work. What I want to know, is if you flash an ATT phone to Rogers, will that change what sim cards you can use? Or is it still locked to ATT?

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

To answer my own question and maybe help somebody else..........I flashed the unbranded CV UK Rom and the simlock bin file did not affect my unlock at all. I'm now running Portico on my unlocked UK EE Lumina 920 with no problems at all

Nothing better to do tonight :)
I have a 920 from P4U using an EE Sim. Downloading the variant you have to see if I can update too. (Also downloading my original just in case)
Will report back on the other side

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Nothing better to do tonight :)
I have a 920 from P4U using an EE Sim. Downloading the variant you have to see if I can update too. (Also downloading my original just in case)
Will report back on the other side

UPDATE

All went OK. Came out the other side on Portico

Screenshots attached. Many thanks one and all

Capture.JPG
wp_ss_20121231_0002.png

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Well done fella !! I've encountered no problems so far, haven't really had chance to try the camera out in good lighting conditions yet, I'll do that tomorrow. Hope all is OK with yours.

Happy New Year All

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

If I flash my phone, will I still be able to receive future OTA updates from Microsoft/Nokia or will I be stuck on the Portico ROM? Sorry if the question is stupid, but I've never done anything like this before. I'm interested in flashing my phone, though, because I think it might help my battery :)

you'll receive all future updates (including software and ota ) specially if you flashed the correct Product Code.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
you'll receive all future updates (including software and ota ) specially if you flashed the correct Product Code.

Ok, thanks! Now I just have to wait for my product code. It looks like the Singapore variants will be a little late to the party.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers