(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

kammiz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

does anyone know what the difference is between RM-821_Scandic_NO_SE_VAR262190_12491_001_Black_v2_Black and RM-821_CV_norway_VAR243731_12491_001_Black_1_Black ? I live in norway. My productcode fits the scandic version, but i know you can flash different productcodes. Theres also a Telenor firmware with LTE activated, but i know you can activate LTE through submenus, so dont want a branded firmware.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

This ain't the latest either, as I am informed, 2013.1.3.4 is the latest. I personally am using 2012.51.4.4 and works like a charm.

robmif76

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm on 059R1W4 still no sign of Portico yet. Are Nokia still rolling out firmwares??

Looks like an incredibly over laborious process.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday 2300 CET my phone announced an update, and when it was done, about 45 mins later, with download and everything included, I was on Portico. Lumia920, 059q8c2

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, maybe someone already asked it but I really don't feel like going through 11 pages, but I did read the original post and it doesn't answer it. So here goes. I have a variant that I bought from Thailand. I'm moving back to India, and I want to be able to enjoy the Nokia Music service offered there, but I can only do so if I bought the phone from India.

So, I'm thinking if I install the Indian variant software on my phone through navifirm, this might solve the issue. Am I able to do that? Or will it brick my phone? Note that my phone was bought in Thailand unlocked and with no carrier branding.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, as the Indian version has a different RM-822 model name I'm not sure what will happen if you flash your Thai phone with it.
I'll do some research and get back to you .

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to add that my model is RM-821 VAR APAC TH CV BLACK.

Should not be any problem as they are both rm-821 (rm-822 is a china variety) ... I have already used 5 different country varieties for my Lumia 920 ... :)

... but I suggest you to install the latest fw: 1232.5957.1308.1 (RM-821 VAR IMEA INDIA CV)

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Decided to just stick with the TH variant, currently my phone is restoring all my apps and settings with hopefully the new firmware :D

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
BTW I use Nokia Music even though I don't have a US variant , (as long as your email is US based) , if your MS account Indian based you'll have access to Nokia Music.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

Also had this after updating. I just went through the Market and updated them one by one. That would be a problem if you had tons of apps hehehe...

Having the same problem here. How do you know which app is which?

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am a noob.
I recently bought Nokia Lumia from Rogers in Canada.
I want to use it on Mobilicity in Canada. Mobilicity uses LTE AWS (1700/2100). The Roger's model supports this however the Global model I think doesnt not support LTE 1700 2100 band. After Unlocking my Lumia 920 I am able to get to working on Mobilicity.
I think i have just unlocked it, the firmware on my phone is still Roger's. I wish to make my phone totally unbranded and flash it with a generic rom, so that my phone updates wont have to rely upon's roger's approvals for updates. Also, given that its firmware if still from Roger's I am worried that they might push a update to my phone which would lock my phone again or make some functionality not work(e.g. Internet sharing...)
I wish to debrand my phone, So i downloaded the NaviFirm and NokiaCare Suite 2013 as you said.
The NaviFirm application shows me so many versions and so many release I am confused which Firmware to choose for downloading.

Really appreciate your help

Cheer,
Nachiket

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am a noob.
I recently bought Nokia Lumia from Rogers in Canada.
I want to use it on Mobilicity in Canada. Mobilicity uses LTE AWS (1700/2100). The Roger's model supports this however the Global model I think doesnt not support LTE 1700 2100 band. After Unlocking my Lumia 920 I am able to get to working on Mobilicity.
I think i have just unlocked it, the firmware on my phone is still Roger's. I wish to make my phone totally unbranded and flash it with a generic rom, so that my phone updates wont have to rely upon's roger's approvals for updates. Also, given that its firmware if still from Roger's I am worried that they might push a update to my phone which would lock my phone again or make some functionality not work(e.g. Internet sharing...)
I wish to debrand my phone, So i downloaded the NaviFirm and NokiaCare Suite 2013 as you said.
The NaviFirm application shows me so many versions and so many release I am confused which Firmware to choose for downloading.

Really appreciate your help

Cheer,
Nachiket

i also have an unlocked rogers 920, using it on ATT

anyone here know if this software let's you change the software from rogers to ATT version?

I want to do this because ATT internet sharing only works on the ATT version, even if you purchased data plan that enables sharing it will not work on an unlocked rogers 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss