Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #1  
    Happily got my yellow Lumia 920 on first day of launch in Singapore. However, after playing with it for just less than 3 weeks.
    One column of the display just shows a line of green.

    Ahh.... my pureview display..... can nokia replace me a new yellow lumia 920? really don't want to switch back to android.
    Anyone have the same problem as me?
  2. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccube1 View Post
    Happily got my yellow Lumia 920 on first day of launch in Singapore. However, after playing with it for just less than 3 weeks.
    One column of the display just shows a line of green.

    Ahh.... my pureview display..... can nokia replace me a new yellow lumia 920? really don't want to switch back to android.
    Anyone have the same problem as me?
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
  3. matthewryans's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #3  
    Lucky you! Singapore took Indonesia's yellow stocks. Even pre-orders weren't met for white and yellow colors :(
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
    This is quite the assumption. Years ago I got an HP touch display laptop that developed the same exact issue after being nothing but babied. I agree it's a hardware issue, but dropping does NOT necessarily need to be the cause.
  5. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    This is quite the assumption. Years ago I got an HP touch display laptop that developed the same exact issue after being nothing but babied. I agree it's a hardware issue, but dropping does NOT necessarily need to be the cause.
    Note I did say "either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged" - its a hardware failure. Could be manufacture fail. Could be drop. Nokia will likely replace it free either way,
  6. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewryans View Post
    Lucky you! Singapore took Indonesia's yellow stocks. Even pre-orders weren't met for white and yellow colors :(
    I happy that I am able to get yellow... but now the screen spoil my christmas now.
  7. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    When did you drop the phone ? :) - seriously that's a hardware issue - either your display spontaneously developed the problem, or it was damaged. Either is possible, but you'll need to get it repaired.
    I have not dropped the phone. it just developed itself ...
  8. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #8  
    sent for service ... Nokia is not willing to replace a new lumia for me...
    gave me a old N9 as temporary replacement while waiting for repair... contact cannot transfer to N9 from window phone as is meego. why don't nokia give me a windows phone as a temporary phone. no I have the phone but no contact at all, cannot do much also .. feel so sad :(

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 Display Bug
    By chatafrata in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:31 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:47 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM
  5. Why the Lumia 920 wasn't displayed in Cyan
    By baileystein in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions