My Lumia 920

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
go into the settings and then applications and background taskss. Block background operations for all of the apps you do not need to have running in the background to see if that helps. If it is getting warm, an application can be running in the background. Also, after you run an application, if you do not need it anymore, use the back arrow to go back to the start screen to completely exit it. If you just press the home key, it can stay running and drain your battery (and keep the phone warm). If it ever gets hot when nothing is running, something could be tying up the processor. Do a soft reset to clean it up (hold power and volume down until it vibrates and resets). I got poor battery usage at first, and now I easily get a whole day doing these things.
You need to read by previous posts sir.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try to use your phone till it dies. Then keep turning it on till it's completely dead. Then put it on a charger for 10 hours straight and see what battery life will be like. Do you have a SIM card in it now? Like do you use it as your day to day phone? Because maybe the lack of SIM card might cause the issue.

I finally got the bugger dead till it would not come on anymore and my 10 hour charge has started.

Hopefully in the morning, things will be better.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Annnnd. It's the same after the complete drain and recharge for 10 hours.

I even did another hard reset this morning but same thing. My last attempt is to manually flash the phone. If after this the problem remains, I'm going to return it :(

I mean like right now, the phone is at factory settings with everything off except celluar, nokia drive and all that crap is uninstalled and the phone drops like 1% every few minutes. And i'm not even using it!

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like another defective 920. I know it won't be easy, but return it. You're just going to frustrate yourself and get a bad taste for Nokia like I did. Im on #2 and battery life is still very poor compared to all other smartphones I have owned. And camera will drive you nuts. I have spent hrs adjusting settings and I can't get rid of glowing eyes in my photos. Only way I've found is post editing pics. But for night pics, set to Night Mode and play with ISO and exposure length. Be advised, adjusting exposure time up allows more light in pic, but you better have it on a tripod or pics will be blurry. Good luck.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
That's sad to hear. It must be defective then, because you tried pretty much everything possible. Hope you have better luck with your next unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3