Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I don't mind the heat/warmth/whatever.

My problem is the stupid battery drain. I'm going to have to take this bad boy back :( I've tried almost everything

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    So after I switch to different provider that has much more stable signal in my area, as expected, the Lumia 920 doesn't feel hot as it was. Apart from uninstalling a particular app, the previous provider will cause the phone to become warm even when I don't use it.
    Not only it doesn't feel hot, but the battery life increase significantly
    After 12 hours since last charge, the remaining battery still at 90% with estimated time remaining 5 days and 17 hours.

I am not using it heavily, just use a few apps, and leave it idle most of the time, just to compared it with the previous provider.

Skype will melt my phone if I use it for too long.

The Heat problem is very serious, I can't play any game for longer than 15mins without it getting super hot. Nokia or MS has to do something ASAP.... This is a very embarrassing problem to have.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosrdd View Post
    The Heat problem is very serious, I can't play any game for longer than 15mins without it getting super hot. Nokia or MS has to do something ASAP.... This is a very embarrassing problem to have.
    Or at least say something. Give us a glimmer of hope that they are aware of the problem and they are working on it..
    Thanked by:

I had the same issues :-( too hot , dust under the front facing camera , annoying rattle with the vibrate alert :-( i gave up after the 2nd replacement. My new HTC 8x limelight yellow is coming tomorrow. I'm sorry Nokia! but it was my last handset made by you!

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Or at least say something. Give us a glimmer of hope that they are aware of the problem and they are working on it..
    Yes some acknowledgement would be great...

Have had this problem - specially when GPS or 3G gets worked up, but not during gaming and all. A sign of battery drain happening too and you know you've got to switch off Location and/or 3G.
    .................Enjoy Life, you only live it Once.................

Quote Originally Posted by cddigi View Post
    Yeah, the phone gets hot there because thats where the heatsink is. There was a blog post a couple weeks ago on WPCentral about how to repair your Lumia 920. I wondered why the phone always became hot right there. Then I saw the video and it all made sense. After using the phone for awhile it wants to dissapate all the heat right above the camera. I wish it was diverted to more places though. After using the camera for an extended period of time, it becomes to hot to hold.

Found the article: How to take the Nokia Lumia 920 apart - for the DIY crowd | Windows Phone Central
    I mentioned using the camera led to phone the getting hot and battery drain about 3 weeks ago, I am still having the same issue every time I take a few photos the phone heats up and stays hot unless I switch it off. I will be returning this phone as soon as I get back from holidays. unfortunately Thailand dose not have a 30 day replacement policy. and replacing the damaged parts will be the only option they give me. If the replacement is no better I will have to give HTC a try. I am not waiting for Nokia to sort these issues out I had 3 Lumia 900s before all issues were resolved.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    By the way, has anybody tried to download just using the wifi? Just want to compared which one that cause the heat more, wifi or the cellular? Because my wifi speed is just limited to 1 Mbps, so I can't really compare it to using cellular. As my cellular can reach up to 7.2 Mbps (theoretically) and I haven't found any app that can measure the actual speed yet.
    When I download using the current network provider, it will become warm but still very comfortable to hold. The previous provider which can reach 14.4 Mbps (theoretically) will cause the phone to become very hot.

And again, at least, Microsoft/Nokia need to aware of this issue.

Nokia support is the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. I called them and I think I was with them for 4 hours regarding the issues. They said they have NEVER Heard of any Hot or Battery issues with the Nokia Lumia 920. I told them to google Nokia 920 and thats one of the first thing that show up.

I asked them if anyone else called them regarding this and they said it's the first they hear of it. This is bunch of crap. I'm on my 3rd!!! Phone.

HEY I HAVE THIS ALSO . I DELETED SYNCHING APPS AND SKYPE SEEMS TO BE BETTER NOW

unistalled skype and constant synching apps . problem solved until skype or w8 gets more stable .Believe skype is still beta

It isn't just Skype. Trust me. Its more likely related to apps that use location services which is just about everything on this phone.

Mine gets vary warm when playing the game Cracking Sands (3d racing game). Is this normal for the 920?

Just sent the device back to warranty, told me that they replaced the mainborad with the new one, hope this fixes this issue

My camera stops working when it gets hot. Also the Capacitive buttons backlight stops coming on. Many apps start crashing, messaging, games,settings etc stop working. Try playing Real football for 30 mins, You can possibly heat water with it ! Going to get a replacement tommorow. Lets see then.
    Same Problem... NFC off... brightness medium... please solutions

I dunno, after the last firmware update, it stopped for me!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123