- 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM #1
So I am using Black Lumia 920, and parent using Red Lumia 920. When I was trying to install apps for both phone, suddenly on the marketplace on my phone prompted me that there are 13 updates, mostly are Nokia apps, and few updates about the Settings of the OS itself. So after I updated it, I realized the order of the Settings on my phone are in different order compared to my parent. Only some though. But there is one Settings that the update renamed it.
On mine, it become network+ while my parent's, which wasn't updated, is called call+sms Even though when you tap it, the content is the same.
Not only that, I remember there was also update to the display+touch, audio and again when I tap it, I don't see any different inside.
Another one, mine is written as airplane mode, while my parent's is written as flight mode. Could this because of the language? My phone language is set to English (United States), while my parent's is in English (UK)
I wonder why only on my phone, it prompted me to update. While my parent's one doesn't. Both of us using the same network provider.
Thanks for the help in advance.
- 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM #2
This is probably a region problem.. Maybe your parent has a UK account, in that case the updates will hit when they become available for the UK marketplace. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time, sometimes is faster...
- 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM #3
12-26-2012, 12:51 PM #5
- 9 Posts
This is from Nokia forum and click on the link to get the QR codes:
Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates
2012-12-09 9:15 - edited 2012-12-19 7:01
There have been a number of threads reporting that users have been unable to see Nokia application updates, hours or even days later. Unfortunately, there is no way to force the Windows Phone Store to force to check for updates manually. This has presented a problem for the Nokia app updates, as they are Nokia-exclusive and cannot be seached for in the Store.
However, there is a solution with QR codes and the steps to update Nokia apps for Windows Phone 8 are provided below. The QR codes are provided in the links below as Attachments that you can click on quite simply:
1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.
2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.
3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.
4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.
Audio, Feedback to Nokia, Access point, Network+, Extras+Infor, Display+Touch.
Last edited by NokiaLover; 12-26-2012 at 03:52 PM.
12-26-2012, 04:52 PM #6
- 17 Posts
Spoke to a Microsoft rep who got me sorted out with Third Party, Nokia, and Microsoft App Updates. Go to settings > email and accounts > microsoft account > and choose "download new content" "as items arrive." Afterwords, power cycle device. A day later I received all of my missed updates. I've been receiving updates since. It beats searching the App Store for an app just to see if an update is available.
- 12-26-2012, 10:52 PM #8
Mine: Nokia enhancements Version: 126.96.36.199
Parent: Nokia enhancements Version: 188.8.131.52
- By Oktay Gardener in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM
- By v10type-r in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 41Last Post: 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
- By LEC 360 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 30Last Post: 10-15-2012, 07:17 PM
- By ricardios in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 7Last Post: 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
- By CDG in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 59Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:25 PM