Comparing 2 Lumia 920: 1 showing updates from Nokia, but one doesn't

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So I am using Black Lumia 920, and parent using Red Lumia 920. When I was trying to install apps for both phone, suddenly on the marketplace on my phone prompted me that there are 13 updates, mostly are Nokia apps, and few updates about the Settings of the OS itself. So after I updated it, I realized the order of the Settings on my phone are in different order compared to my parent. Only some though. But there is one Settings that the update renamed it.
On mine, it become network+ while my parent's, which wasn't updated, is called call+sms Even though when you tap it, the content is the same.
Not only that, I remember there was also update to the display+touch, audio and again when I tap it, I don't see any different inside.
Another one, mine is written as airplane mode, while my parent's is written as flight mode. Could this because of the language? My phone language is set to English (United States), while my parent's is in English (UK)

I wonder why only on my phone, it prompted me to update. While my parent's one doesn't. Both of us using the same network provider.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a region problem.. Maybe your parent has a UK account, in that case the updates will hit when they become available for the UK marketplace. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time, sometimes is faster...

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a region problem.. Maybe your parent has a UK account, in that case the updates will hit when they become available for the UK marketplace. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time, sometimes is faster...

Both of us are in the same region and both of the phone settings are in the same Country/Region. The only difference is the Phone language.
Still wondering because until now, my parent's Lumia still doesn't show any updates. While, mine was updated 2 days ago.

NokiaLover

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This is from Nokia forum and click on the link to get the QR codes:

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates
Options
‎2012-12-09 9:15 - edited ‎2012-12-19 7:01
There have been a number of threads reporting that users have been unable to see Nokia application updates, hours or even days later. Unfortunately, there is no way to force the Windows Phone Store to force to check for updates manually. This has presented a problem for the Nokia app updates, as they are Nokia-exclusive and cannot be seached for in the Store.

However, there is a solution with QR codes and the steps to update Nokia apps for Windows Phone 8 are provided below. The QR codes are provided in the links below as Attachments that you can click on quite simply:

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.
2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.
3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.
4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

Audio, Feedback to Nokia, Access point, Network+, Extras+Infor, Display+Touch.

Attachments

• NtopD.png
    NtopD.png
    588 bytes · Views: 118
  • Feedback To Nokia.png
    Feedback To Nokia.png
    599 bytes · Views: 114
  • Access Point.png
    Access Point.png
    599 bytes · Views: 113
  • Network+ (previously Calls + SMS).png
    Network+ (previously Calls + SMS).png
    2.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Extras + Info.png
    Extras + Info.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Display + Touch.png
    Display + Touch.png
    607 bytes · Views: 113
Last edited:

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to a Microsoft rep who got me sorted out with Third Party, Nokia, and Microsoft App Updates. Go to settings > email and accounts > microsoft account > and choose "download new content" "as items arrive." Afterwords, power cycle device. A day later I received all of my missed updates. I've been receiving updates since. It beats searching the App Store for an app just to see if an update is available.

izzyq8#CB

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to a Microsoft rep who got me sorted out with Third Party, Nokia, and Microsoft App Updates. Go to settings > email and accounts > microsoft account > and choose "download new content" "as items arrive." Afterwords, power cycle device. A day later I received all of my missed updates. I've been receiving updates since. It beats searching the App Store for an app just to see if an update is available.
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sure your mum/dad didnt update already? Did you compare version numbers?
Nope, they haven't updated anything at all. The phone version (the Windows Phone 8 version are exactly the same), but under extras+info mine has higher version. I believe this is due to the update.
Mine: Nokia enhancements Version: 1.6.1.62
Parent: Nokia enhancements Version: 1.1.33.5

This is from Nokia forum and click on the link to get the QR codes:

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates
Options
‎2012-12-09 9:15 - edited ‎2012-12-19 7:01
There have been a number of threads reporting that users have been unable to see Nokia application updates, hours or even days later. Unfortunately, there is no way to force the Windows Phone Store to force to check for updates manually. This has presented a problem for the Nokia app updates, as they are Nokia-exclusive and cannot be seached for in the Store.

However, there is a solution with QR codes and the steps to update Nokia apps for Windows Phone 8 are provided below. The QR codes are provided in the links below as Attachments that you can click on quite simply:

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.
2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.
3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.
4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

Audio, Feedback to Nokia, Access point, Network+, Extras+Infor, Display+Touch.

Thanks a lot for the information. Will try it later when I'm back.

Mine is set to that setting, but I'm not sure about my parent's one. Will check it later. Thanks for tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium