New Lumia flagship model? what do you think it will be called?

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Something in a different thread arose my curiousity. If there was a to be a new Lumia flagship model in the near future, what do you think it will be called? My vote is Nokia Lumia 940. What would be your guess?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I sound like a rebel gear, but I think they should start using letters or really aggressive words

L9XX High End = Lumia Z
L8XX Mid End = Lumia Y
L7XX Low End = Lumia X

Then use a letter for carrier maybe if on all carriers so ZT would be nice T-Mobile, ZV would be Verizon ZS we know we'll never see (sprint) and maybe just the Lumia Zee would be AT&T. Just as confusing but were already on Lumia 800, 810, 820, and 822??? Just gets more confusing, why'd they skip Lumia 910?????? Makes no sense to me.

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I sound like a rebel gear, but I think they should start using letters or really aggressive words

L9XX High End = Lumia Z
L8XX Mid End = Lumia Y
L7XX Low End = Lumia X

Then use a letter for carrier maybe if on all carriers so ZT would be nice T-Mobile, ZV would be Verizon ZS we know we'll never see (sprint) and maybe just the Lumia Zee would be AT&T.

I like the idea of adding the carriers letters next to the model they carry...

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

L9XX High End = Lumia Z
L8XX Mid End = Lumia Y
L7XX Low End = Lumia X

Then use a letter for carrier maybe if on all carriers so ZT would be nice T-Mobile, ZV would be Verizon ZS we know we'll never see (sprint) and maybe just the Lumia Zee would be AT&T. Just as confusing but were already on Lumia 800, 810, 820, and 822??? Just gets more confusing, why'd they skip Lumia 910?????? Makes no sense to me.

What should they do if there was 2 carriers with T, V or S? :p

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Should be :

Lumia 920 OHBS ...

Stands for : Lumia 920 Owners Have Been Screwed :winktongue:

I was trying to work out (specifically) what you meant here. Where I landed was that 920 owners would be screwed by another flagship coming so quickly. I don't think there is a lot that Nokia have in their bag to throw at a new flagship right now. I still think we'll see a Verizon specific model for the USA, but that's likely to be it for some time I think. The real work is to market the 920, 820 and 620. Also to make sure Microsoft keeps delivering on Software and (for Nokia to) improve the Nokia apps.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a more enthusiast oriented series instead of a new Lumia. Something along the lines of the N series devices. They didn't worry as much about cost or thinness because they weren't aimed at consumers, they were enthusiast and professional devices. A Windows Phone version of the 808 Pureview would fit well in this new line since they wouldn't need to worry so much about mass market appeal like they did in the 920. Personally, I'd like to see something with the 808's sensor branded as a Pureview 930 or Pureview 1000. That would show that it is about photos first compared to the Lumia 920 where Pureview is a feature, not central focus. Think the difference between a hybrid (920) and electric car (808). In the hybrid, the batteries are a feature that enhances the experience of the car, in an electric car, the batteries are the central focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz