Just got my Lumia Red 920, I want to test it in all ways

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia Red 920 from Walmart, I want to test it in all ways. Is there a post or thread out there where a newbie can test it ? Please guide me. I tried searching but was not successful, I am a newbie to smartphones. This is my first smartphone :angel:

EDIT: Like freezing, overheating, bricked in these cases I have to exchange my phone in the 14 day refund/exchange time period if these defects are found, I mean a defective piece.

Last edited:

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I know , just kidding :evil:

Okay , as a start you can check the software , is there any crashing or rebooting issue , test the battery , speaker quality , wifi , gps , bluetooth , dead pexils if you want :wink:

this is what I have in mind right now so have fun and I hope you enjoy it :excited:

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I know , just kidding :evil:

Okay , as a start you can check the software , is there any crashing or rebooting issue , test the battery , speaker quality , wifi , gps , bluetooth , dead pexils if you want :wink:

this is what I have in mind right now so have fun and I hope you enjoy it :excited:

Thanks for the list, I am recharging my lumia 920 for first time now need to check the battery, I saw some freezing while installing some apps, though the freezing was not long the screen freezed for a moment and after that as per the time it got locked, once I unlocked all was fine.

The wifi, speaker quality (awesome), gps are all working great. Need to check the battery life, bluetooth ad dead pixels.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Keep in mind while there are some things you can check to make sure the Windows Phone is mechanically sound, you are talking about a software driven device and defects can develop through apps conflicting or other unforeseen glitches. Think of it like a computer you just bought.... is the keyboard working as it should, any pixels missing from the screen, hinges feel solid, CD drive work, USB ports responsive, etc. Here are just a few ideas off the cuff on what you could look at...

Test the phone aspect... make a call. Can you hear them? Can they hear you? Does the volume rocker work properly?
Does the proximity sensor work to turn off your screen while on a call?

Check the screen brightness... when on auto does the screen dim in low light? It usually takes a few seconds to adjust so that is normal.
Download a few apps to make sure the data connection works as it should.

Take a few photos to make sure the camera functions. Use both cameras.
Plug in a headset and see if the 3.5mm jack works.
Use the Bluetooth and GPS....

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
@George

Thanks for the various aspects:
Test the phone aspect... make a call. Can you hear them? Can they hear you? Does the volume rocker work properly?
Does the proximity sensor work to turn off your screen while on a call?
Works fine..

Check the screen brightness... when on auto does the screen dim in low light? It usually takes a few seconds to adjust so that is normal.
Download a few apps to make sure the data connection works as it should.
There is no freezing today, i downloaded different apps and played games. The screen brightness also works fine, but one observation is I was sitting in a room with no light, but the other room is lit, the brightness was fluctuating between medium and low I think it was due to the light in the other room; just wanted to confirm.

Take a few photos to make sure the camera functions. Use both cameras.
Plug in a headset and see if the 3.5mm jack works.
Use the Bluetooth and GPS....
The photos are not very clear don't know why, rest all are working fine. The battery also lasted 10 hrs after first charge.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think you should run the piss out of your phone right away keeping a lookout for flaws in the hardware and operation, if the device dosen't perform to your expectations or has obvious flaws then it should be exchanged for another device. I baby my phones as far as cases and protecting them, I have two different cases for my 3-gs depending on what kind work I will be doing. That being said Whenever it arrives i intend to run my 920 like I stole it for the first 14 days "with a case on it" to ensure everything is up to snuff.

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just shot some photos with my Lumia 920, I see different colors when tried taking pictures of white paper like pink and green. Is this normal ?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Provided the hardware is sound; no missing pixels, buttons work, speaker, sensors & radios work, etc., you can almost always fix any other glitch with a hard reset. And if a problem turns out to be a bug, Nokia will most likely address it in short order. Also, don't forget the device comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.

I have owned dozens of smartphones/PDAs and have yet to return one for a defect or repair. So don't let some of the threads here scare you. Sort of like flying in an airplane.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
likely a color cast due to the lighting. how do pictures of things other than a white piece of paper look?

I took some pictures with a dim light in all modes.. with all the default values and Auto Flash, I am not an expert photographer :angel: Are the photos as expected or only I am seeing some blur. I updated my phone will all updates, I don't see any new updates in the "phone update" section.

Auto: WP_20121231_016[1].jpg

Close-up: WP_20121231_017[1].jpg

Night: WP_20121231_019[1].jpg

Night Potrait: WP_20121231_020[1].jpg

Sports: WP_20121231_021[1].jpg

Backlight: WP_20121231_022[1].jpg

I will also post the photos of same object in daylight with same photo settings.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750