Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tdb1 View Post
    OK, so this feature will not work with the wireless charger, only the charging stand (whatever that is - I don't have one)? Thanks.
    You could buy an writable NFC sticker and use the NFC Interactor app to write the above mentioned charge stand tag to it. Stick that next to your charger and you're good to go. It's just a lot less useful to have a clock on a flat surface rather than held up for visibility. Also, not sure if you could put the sticker directly on the top of the charge pad. That might cause some interference but I really don't know. You could stick it to the bottom of the plate though so at least it doesn't get lost.
    Thanked by:
    tdb1 

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Would love a QR code as of course Windows Phone is terrible at notifying people about updates..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
    Would love a QR code as of course Windows Phone is terrible at notifying people about updates..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I used the Accessories code from this link and it worked.

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
    Thanked by:

Yesh! Been waiting this exact thing since the wireless stand was introduced.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Would've been better to make this available to everyone, even those without nfc stand.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This seems like a really cool feature. Hopefully it gets pushed out to everyone soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    Would've been better to make this available to everyone, even those without nfc stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by striker1064 View Post
    This seems like a really cool feature. Hopefully it gets pushed out to everyone soon.
    To each his/her own I guess. I can see the use of this feature when docked, almost like a clock with more info (looks like it can have deeper functionality as they improve it). However, I don't want my phone always on displaying this information when not docked. Maybe if they had this info as a live tile when undocked, then ok.

Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    To each his/her own I guess. I can see the use of this feature when docked, almost like a clock with more info (looks like it can have deeper functionality as they improve it). However, I don't want my phone always on displaying this information when not docked. Maybe if they had this info as a live tile when undocked, then ok.

When the screen is black Nokia had this feature on their Symbian and MeeGo devices were it displayed clock, messages and such all the time on the AMOLED screen. Naturally this will only work on AMOLED screens as it's the only way the battery takes almost no hit.

I would not mind if Nokia brought that feature back someday.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    I got the update pushed to me. I don't have any wireless and/or charging stand.

Global Posts
    1,639 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    When the screen is black Nokia had this feature on their Symbian and MeeGo devices were it displayed clock, messages and such all the time on the AMOLED screen. Naturally this will only work on AMOLED screens as it's the only way the battery takes almost no hit.

I would not mind if Nokia brought that feature back someday.
    I think its possible on other types of screens. My Samsung d500 had that feature, and it didn't have amoled screen.

Was wondering what that Accessories update was. This is pretty dang awesome! Finally a useful function for the NFC on the charging stand... it took forever to open any other apps. Having this weather+calender load just makes so much sense.

Also for anyone who is worried about killing battery, overheating or auto-restart/auto-turn off... you can still lock your screen normally!

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The sleeping screen does not work on my JBL Powerup Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by thaddyusmaximus View Post
    The sleeping screen does not work on my JBL Powerup Speaker
    Not working on my Nokia wireless charging stand. And nobody seems to have an explanation. I have the latest Accessories update and NFC is on.

Same here, I have the latest update with NFC on, there has to be a setting that we're missing :(

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCK1 View Post
    Same here, I have the latest update with NFC on, there has to be a setting that we're missing :(
    Supposedly with NFC on and the phone on the charging stand, you're just supposed to navigate to Settings > Accessories and see the charging stand listed. It's not recognizing it for me.. :(

Bump. Anyone? I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't working.

JonesCK1 and thaddyusmaximus, have you gotten it to work yet? My Lumia 920 is still not recognizing my charging stand

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Did no one read the instructions with the stand? The NFC spot isn't on the charging pad itself but on the stand that holds it up. There's an NFC logo there.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You have to touch the BASE of the stand with the phone not the charging plate back. That's how It works.

where did you purchase NFC tags

Anyone know what the new accessories update does?
    It's updated a second time. Finalizing my install of it right now

no fair, it should show when I'm just plugged in wall charger too, like at night when sleeping...

I programmed one NFC Tag with NFC interactor using "Nokia Accessories" as a tag and attached it to the back side of my Philips wireless charger. Works nicely.

My opinion of this stand so far..nothing particularly positive to note:
    - Phone gets hot. not sure if it's the wireless charging or the screen remaining on
    - Capacative buttons stay backlit for some reason making it utterly useless as a night clock
    - Need to accept every single time you tap the NFC tag
    - Screen saver is pretty bare. Would like to see notifications just like the lock screen for new emails, messages, missed calls and calendar appointments

I'm actually relaying all of this in the feedback part, available in the settings for the stand.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast