Accessories update?

xZeDgEx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got this too, also installing a phone update. Not sure what it is. Seemed small as it downloaded pretty quick. Installing now.

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So there is a new calendar and weather function built in that gives a cool little screensaver with time, weather and calendar when you activate using nfc with your charger etc. It shifts around the positioning occasionally also.

Not seen in mentioned anywhere yet sorry If i missed it.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121226_0001.png
    wp_ss_20121226_0001.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 44

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So there is a new calendar and weather function built in that gives a cool little screensaver with time, weather and calendar when you activate using nfc with your charger etc. It shifts around the positioning occasionally also.

Not seen in mentioned anywhere yet sorry If i missed it.
Oh nice! Just tried this myself, so it's like a night clock that everyone had been requesting. I like it! Very WP-like. Wish for more customization but good start!

Here's mine:
wp_ss_20121226_0001.png
Yay snow!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure... perhaps there is? I just discovered this too.

Edit: OH just discovered another minor thing. You can swipe up/down on the screen when this screensaver is on to change the brightness of the night clock.

Edit 2: This screensaver also keeps your screen on automatically and this makes your phone heat up quite a bit. Mine actually just restarted itself, perhaps it's not time to use this feature yet..

Last edited:

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird...I've got accessories version 1.0.3.0 and don't see this (but would like to!). Is this in the list of launch-able programs inside of the accessory settings menu, or where are you finding the option to set this? Thanks!

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I already had my NFC on my wireless charging stand associated with Night Stand Clock. I opened accessories, tapped and held on the Charging Stand, and Deleted it. Re-pairing it with NFC launched this app with no "accept" dialog required. Nice!

Update: It also shows your next calendar entry. The app it launches is called Weather and Calendar, but it does not show up in the standard App List. By default, it uses "current location," but can be changed. And it won't launch for me unless it's receiving a charge.

Also, the second time I launched it, it required me to Accept before launching the dock program.

It also shows battery charge status.

[update2]: This feature is nice, especially with the calendar, but I still prefer Night Stand Clock (link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/night-stand-clock/19c2c6c3-6eeb-df11-9264-00237de2db9e). And unrelated, but my 920 just rebooted itself.

Last edited:

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Sweet, thanks for the added info on how to get this setup. Running it now at my office desk with my charging stand and it's a nice simple addition:)

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nokia 920 with the Nokia wireless charger, and nothing ever shows up under accessories. I have NFC turned on, but when I place the phone on the charger and open accessories, it just says "Any accessories with additional settings show up here." No other menu or options. What am I missing in terms of how to bring up the charger options?

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nokia 920 with the Nokia wireless charger, and nothing ever shows up under accessories. I have NFC turned on, but when I place the phone on the charger and open accessories, it just says "Any accessories with additional settings show up here." No other menu or options. What am I missing in terms of how to bring up the charger options?
The charging stand not the wireless charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3