Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just got an accessories update (1.0.3.0) any ideas on what it was supposed to do?

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    It's anyone's guess really. Nokia usually doesn't give a change log.
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Got this too, also installing a phone update. Not sure what it is. Seemed small as it downloaded pretty quick. Installing now.

Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    I just got an accessories update (1.0.3.0) any ideas on what it was supposed to do?
    I just installed the update as well. Seems to have fixed the auto brightness issue on my Lumia 920 or so it seems...

So there is a new calendar and weather function built in that gives a cool little screensaver with time, weather and calendar when you activate using nfc with your charger etc. It shifts around the positioning occasionally also.

Not seen in mentioned anywhere yet sorry If i missed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121226_0001.png  
    Thanked by:
    david90531 and WOAHesco like this.
    how do you make the screen saver appear?

Quote Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
    So there is a new calendar and weather function built in that gives a cool little screensaver with time, weather and calendar when you activate using nfc with your charger etc. It shifts around the positioning occasionally also.

Not seen in mentioned anywhere yet sorry If i missed it.
    Oh nice! Just tried this myself, so it's like a night clock that everyone had been requesting. I like it! Very WP-like. Wish for more customization but good start!

Here's mine:
    wp_ss_20121226_0001.png
    Yay snow!
    WOAHesco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Mendez1 View Post
    how do you make the screen saver appear?
    Simply tap your phone to the NFC icon on the wireless charger (stand) and voila!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    And there's no other way to activate this? Perfect.

I'm not sure... perhaps there is? I just discovered this too.

Edit: OH just discovered another minor thing. You can swipe up/down on the screen when this screensaver is on to change the brightness of the night clock.

Edit 2: This screensaver also keeps your screen on automatically and this makes your phone heat up quite a bit. Mine actually just restarted itself, perhaps it's not time to use this feature yet..
    Last edited by david90531; 12-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Simply tap your phone to the NFC icon on the wireless charger (stand) and voila!
    Could you please share the NFC info being sent by the charger?
    Thanked by:

Weird...I've got accessories version 1.0.3.0 and don't see this (but would like to!). Is this in the list of launch-able programs inside of the accessory settings menu, or where are you finding the option to set this? Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    Did I already say how much I love Nokia?

I already had my NFC on my wireless charging stand associated with Night Stand Clock. I opened accessories, tapped and held on the Charging Stand, and Deleted it. Re-pairing it with NFC launched this app with no "accept" dialog required. Nice!

Update: It also shows your next calendar entry. The app it launches is called Weather and Calendar, but it does not show up in the standard App List. By default, it uses "current location," but can be changed. And it won't launch for me unless it's receiving a charge.

Also, the second time I launched it, it required me to Accept before launching the dock program.

It also shows battery charge status.

[update2]: This feature is nice, especially with the calendar, but I still prefer Night Stand Clock (link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-00237de2db9e). And unrelated, but my 920 just rebooted itself.
    Last edited by jjMustang; 12-27-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Sweet, thanks for the added info on how to get this setup. Running it now at my office desk with my charging stand and it's a nice simple addition:)

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    If you are using NFC interactor, the default tag data for writing a "Nokia Accessories" tag is the Nokia charger stand.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yea I just bought the stand and using NFC interactor you just need to write the dt910 tag under Nokia accessories.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have the Nokia 920 with the Nokia wireless charger, and nothing ever shows up under accessories. I have NFC turned on, but when I place the phone on the charger and open accessories, it just says "Any accessories with additional settings show up here." No other menu or options. What am I missing in terms of how to bring up the charger options?
    Thanked by:
    zoryad 

Anyone have the QR Code?

Quote Originally Posted by tdb1 View Post
    I have the Nokia 920 with the Nokia wireless charger, and nothing ever shows up under accessories. I have NFC turned on, but when I place the phone on the charger and open accessories, it just says "Any accessories with additional settings show up here." No other menu or options. What am I missing in terms of how to bring up the charger options?
    The charging stand not the wireless charger.

Is there a way to edit what this "screensaver" shows? Mine is showing the time and my next appointment, but no weather. I'd love to add local weather if I can figure out how.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    The charging stand not the wireless charger.
    OK, so this feature will not work with the wireless charger, only the charging stand (whatever that is - I don't have one)? Thanks.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdb1 View Post
    OK, so this feature will not work with the wireless charger, only the charging stand (whatever that is - I don't have one)? Thanks.
    It's two different Wireless chargers.

Wireless Charging Stand Nokia Wireless Charging Stand. - Nokia - USA

Wireless Charging Plate Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. - Nokia - USA
    Red Lumia 920

Mine doesn't show weather either :(
    Garry Nazaryan likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    You can buy NFC tag sticker( costing about 80c each) and thenprogram one to say that it is a charging stand (dt910). Place the sticker on the wireless charger (dt900) and the phone will think it is near a dt910 stand and show the screensaver
    Thanked by:
    gbbgtdb1 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast