- 12-27-2012, 12:47 AM #1
hi guys, need some input/help :)
1. i have this samsung headset (Amazon.com: Genuine Samsung Black In-Ear Headset Headphone Handsfree Earphone Ear Phone EHS44ASSBE GH59-10443B FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 SGH-T989 SGH-i777 Epic Touch 4G Galaxy Prevail Galaxy S 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories) that i have been using on my Lumia 900. Now i got Lumia 920 and i use the same headset.
my issue is that i can use it to talk as hands free, but i cannnot use the remote/mic button to answer/end calls, play music, start speech etc... on Lumia 900, it still works and i can use it to control music, answer calls, etc... is there some kind of setting im missing on the Lumia 920 or is the jack on the phone defective?
2. second issue is that find my phone is not working on my phone. even when i turn on the option, i don't see any settings like "connect to these features faster"... i have attached the screenshots of how it looks like... does anyone have similar issue or came across something like this?
- 12-27-2012, 12:54 AM #2
hmmm as for Bluetooth headsets , the whole Bluetooth driver that WP8 is screwed and its been said that it is behind all the random shutdowns the phones are having.
for the second part , You should log into windowsphone.com and try to activate find my phone first from there and then go back and try it (my phone doesn't have that red switch , its just options .
12-27-2012, 01:03 AM #3
- 258 Posts
For the headphones i was having the same problem and i bought the Nokia-monster ones because i didn't find any thread that said which ones to use. So i decided to go the safe way and purchased the ones i knew where going to work. http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/wh-930/
And for the settings that i see there your phone is missing some. Here is how my 920 looks
- 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM #4
the headset im trying to use is wired... so i didn't experience any random reboots. but the same headset works perfectly find with my 900. this is something i don't get it.
also, i tried to activate find my phone from windowsphone.com... it gives me error saying we cannot find the phone and will email you when we find it... but i can lock and ring it from the website.
- By rick98761 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
- By jkrc717 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 14Last Post: 11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
- By campbellc in forum HTC TITAN IIReplies: 16Last Post: 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
- By hXcBoomstick in forum LG QuantumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
- By m0ngr31 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2011, 06:10 PM