- 12-27-2012, 07:15 AM #1
So I transferred all my contacts to my phone via Google.
where i'm from phone numbers are like 346-0434 and this is how numbers are saved on my phone. However when my people call, the caller ID does not show up. Only if I put in the country area code, then the caller id will show. So instead of putting in 346-0434, I have to put in 1-868-346-0434. This will be highly annoying to edit all my contacts.
I've never seen this on another phone locally. Is there a setting that I'm overlooking?
- 12-27-2012, 08:27 AM #2
example: you and your neighbor live next door to each other in city X in state y. his number is 1-123-456-7890.
your number is 1-321-456-7890. you would need to dial his area code before the call would go through.
hence the need to have area code and number for caller id to work properly.
also, some country codes begin with a different number. north America -USA, Canada and Mexico all have 1 as the country code.
so a 3 could be some country in Europe.
as to the editing. sync phone to outlook and edit there.
- By lemonez in forum App SpotlightReplies: 6Last Post: 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
- By CaptainZombies in forum LG Optimus 7Replies: 9Last Post: 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM
- By rdifiori in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 06-09-2012, 12:58 PM
- By Old No. 7 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
- By benzie in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 07-29-2011, 01:32 PM