Cant zoom in or out when recording a video

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same question regarding my 822 and video zooming. The simple answer is that once the video is recording you can't do any zooming. Sucks, but hopefully there will be a fix.

ehioze

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Pathetic, Nokia should have learnt there lesson, after taking such a huge blow from apple and samsung.

There are other things I noticed that also need fixing, you dont even have a scroll left or right arrow when typing and if i try to tap the middle of a text to correct mid way, it just highlights it, which is annoying.

They should also fix the ability to put the phone of silent or different profiles and put the off button on top ( shame its on the side and i keep accidentally pressing it )

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are other things I noticed that also need fixing, you dont even have a scroll left or right arrow when typing and if i try to tap the middle of a text to correct mid way, it just highlights it, which is annoying.

If you tap and hold, it lets you move the cursor with your finger.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia knows how to do zooming ... in fact.. no one else even comes close to what they did with the N8 and the 808.. so this is a software limitation, and they are not responsible for that.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Pathetic, Nokia should have learnt there lesson, after taking such a huge blow from apple and samsung.

They should also fix the ability to put the phone of silent or different profiles and put the off button on top ( shame its on the side and i keep accidentally pressing it )

Had the Power button on the top of my HTC Arrive. I like it better on the side as it's easier to mess with with just one hand. It took me about two weeks to get used to it though as I kept hitting the top of the phone and nothing was there. :grin:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Direct all that to Microsoft, nothing Nokia can do.

Like said above, with Nokia 808 PureView. Nokia is the last company there is you can accuse for not knowing how to use zoom on phones. Coming from a 808 and Lumia 920 owner.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Seriously... you really want digital zoom on a video camera? I don't even want it on a still camera.
I'll give credit where credit is due... digital zoom has improved but it still has a long, long, long way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb