Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TK2011
  • 1 Post By vlad0

Hello guys,
    Cant zoom in or out when recording a video ???

How is this done ?
    Ehi

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    i was gonna ask the same question...!!!!

I had the same question regarding my 822 and video zooming. The simple answer is that once the video is recording you can't do any zooming. Sucks, but hopefully there will be a fix.

Pathetic, Nokia should have learnt there lesson, after taking such a huge blow from apple and samsung.

There are other things I noticed that also need fixing, you dont even have a scroll left or right arrow when typing and if i try to tap the middle of a text to correct mid way, it just highlights it, which is annoying.

They should also fix the ability to put the phone of silent or different profiles and put the off button on top ( shame its on the side and i keep accidentally pressing it )

Quote Originally Posted by ehioze View Post
    There are other things I noticed that also need fixing, you dont even have a scroll left or right arrow when typing and if i try to tap the middle of a text to correct mid way, it just highlights it, which is annoying.
    If you tap and hold, it lets you move the cursor with your finger.

Global Posts
    2,851 Global Posts
    These are Windows Phone issues, not the Lumia 920's. Go here Windows Phone - Microsoft Community and complain to Microsoft to fix these issues.

Nokia knows how to do zooming ... in fact.. no one else even comes close to what they did with the N8 and the 808.. so this is a software limitation, and they are not responsible for that.
    tissotti likes this.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    920 video recording has a zoom feature... the foot zoom. With optical stabilization you'll barely notice.
    :)
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Thanked by:

Pathetic, Nokia should have learnt there lesson, after taking such a huge blow from apple and samsung.

They should also fix the ability to put the phone of silent or different profiles and put the off button on top ( shame its on the side and i keep accidentally pressing it )

Had the Power button on the top of my HTC Arrive. I like it better on the side as it's easier to mess with with just one hand. It took me about two weeks to get used to it though as I kept hitting the top of the phone and nothing was there.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts

Direct all that to Microsoft, nothing Nokia can do.

Like said above, with Nokia 808 PureView. Nokia is the last company there is you can accuse for not knowing how to use zoom on phones. Coming from a 808 and Lumia 920 owner.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Seriously... you really want digital zoom on a video camera? I don't even want it on a still camera.
    I'll give credit where credit is due... digital zoom has improved but it still has a long, long, long way to go.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004