Does your 920 creak and flex when you squeeze it around the camera lens?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine does... But I am not sure if it is normal. My 900 feels like a total monolith. I can twist it and squeeze it as hard as possible and there is no give at all. But the 920 seems to have some flex in the back around the camera. It also creaks a little bit. Not a lot. Like if I press on the backing I can feel it give until it hits something inside the casing.

I guess that with the fatter/arched body that accomodates the camera, this phone has some extra space inside in some places. Am I alone?

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine clicks when you push down anywhere at the top.

I leave it alone because the rest of the phone is working fine. I saw dust in the FFC and thought it was from the loose top but when I went to an AT&T store and saw three 920's with no creaking/clicking with dust, I figure it will get in no matter what. Was given a air cleaner and that took care of the dust. Expect to get dust in FFC. Need to use air cleaner from time to time.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering because my box had a red dot sticker on it. I was wondering if that meant it didn't pass QC or something.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering because my box had a red dot sticker on it. I was wondering if that meant it didn't pass QC or something.

In my experience a sticker on a box can mean that it was flashed to a new firmware after being manufactured, pulled from a different lot to make up for a shortfall in another or to identify it for any number of reason.

I am 100% sure it didn't fail a QA and was put back into the mix. Overall I think the quality of the 920 is excellent. We have three in the house and everyone loves them.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If someone picks up my white L920 and hits me over the head with it, it hurts. I've heard that the yellow and red ones don't hurt as much because the colors are prettier to look at as the person swings it at you. Anyone else hear this?

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You guys are idiots, this is a real problem especially with the black Lumias. I had to exchange mine twice and finally switch to a red one which doesn't have this problem at all. My black one did this at the top and bottom

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It is a big problem, I just got my new one today and no creaks, previous Lumia 920 creaked at top and bottom, its not just creaking, the whole damn plastic moves. And since no creaks, the vibration motor works great, no rattling, 4th Lumia 920 btw

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Dang that's bad, exchange that crap,we payed for our phones, they better make them right. It pissed me off I had to go through 4 phones to get the perfect one

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just received a replacement unlocked Lumia, and it is definitely more solid than my first (i.e. doesn't creak when I pick it up). Disappointing, but at least I got it resolved. This one is black like my first one. Only difference was this one came with the Polish ROM. Whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire