- 12-27-2012, 03:31 PM #1
Finally got my 920 today and I was going through the set up. I have two questions I am hoping anyone can answer for me.
1. When setting up email under settings I set up my live.com account under microsoft account. The only issue is it doesnt say if it will sync contacts and calenders. After setting it up, I then set up the same live account under hotmail which under that acocunt it says it will sync contacts, calendars, and tasks. The only issue is now I have the same live account under microsoft account and now one set up as hotmail2. Any thoughts here? I just wanted to make sure my contacts sync with my live.com account.
2. I used the Nokia Transfer Data app to transfer all my contacts from my iphone 5 to my 920. Once all my contacts are transfered over to the 920 will they then be synced with my live.com account?
Thank you for any help anyone can provide.
- 12-27-2012, 03:37 PM #3
- 12-27-2012, 05:13 PM #5
I think when I look at what I need a phone for its mostly for email, text, phone, browser, and maps. If I use 5 apps thats a lot for me so apps really dont mean much to me at this time. This Nokia 920 is my secondary phone as of now so I can see if this phone will work for me. If it works out then I will replace my main line which is an iPhone 5 with the 920. This is a trial and error for me, it should be fun.
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM #6
- 19 Posts
Fair enough...good luck! I actually have a similar background. Work for the government, was on iOS, got bored, wanted something new and fresh, didn't care much about apps, etc. So far so good for me. Hope you have the same experience.
- 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM #8
I had a 4s with a Droid Incredible(looking back, that was a terrible phone) before that. While I was really excited about my 4s, I got bored of it quick so I can only imagine being with iOS since the beginning! Being with Microsoft right now and being on these forums, a lot of things have come to light about Google that I really don't like so I'm in the process of selling my Nexus 7 tablet. I love my macbook air though aside from the terrible battery life :/
- 12-30-2012, 01:55 AM #12
- 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM #13HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+
- 12-30-2012, 03:58 AM #14
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
- By JConn_Lefty in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 12-19-2012, 01:54 PM
- By mky4b11 in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
- By Oktay Gardener in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM
- By misterRafter in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM