Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johninsj

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

Finally got my 920 today and I was going through the set up. I have two questions I am hoping anyone can answer for me.

1. When setting up email under settings I set up my live.com account under microsoft account. The only issue is it doesnt say if it will sync contacts and calenders. After setting it up, I then set up the same live account under hotmail which under that acocunt it says it will sync contacts, calendars, and tasks. The only issue is now I have the same live account under microsoft account and now one set up as hotmail2. Any thoughts here? I just wanted to make sure my contacts sync with my live.com account.

2. I used the Nokia Transfer Data app to transfer all my contacts from my iphone 5 to my 920. Once all my contacts are transfered over to the 920 will they then be synced with my live.com account?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Oh by the way, give me a few days to change my avitar.....

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
    Hello everyone,

Finally got my 920 today and I was going through the set up. I have two questions I am hoping anyone can answer for me.

1. When setting up email under settings I set up my live.com account under microsoft account. The only issue is it doesnt say if it will sync contacts and calenders. After setting it up, I then set up the same live account under hotmail which under that acocunt it says it will sync contacts, calendars, and tasks. The only issue is now I have the same live account under microsoft account and now one set up as hotmail2. Any thoughts here? I just wanted to make sure my contacts sync with my live.com account.

2. I used the Nokia Transfer Data app to transfer all my contacts from my iphone 5 to my 920. Once all my contacts are transfered over to the 920 will they then be synced with my live.com account?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.
    it will sync your contacts/cal from the msoft account you don't need to add it again....it actually doesn't let you not sync it, which is why you don't see those check marks.
    Thanked by:

from my iphone 5 to my 920.
    The iPhone 5 is fairly new...I'm just curious to know why you bought the Iphone 5 then switched to the Lumia 920?...they both came out around the same time.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drknkboot View Post
    The iPhone 5 is fairly new...I'm just curious to know why you bought the Iphone 5 then switched to the Lumia 920?...they both came out around the same time.
    I have been an iphone user since the ist generation iphone. I have all mac products, Imac, ipad, Iphone 5. To be prefectly honest I am just bored to tears with the OS and I am looking for a change. I have tried Andriod, i had the note 2 and tried the G3 but really dont like the OS at all. Windows I have been playing with in the store for sometime since the 900 was relased. I have asked a number of questions on this forum and finaaly wanted to give it a fair shake. I work with the government and as you may know its all a pc envirnment there and word, excel, outlook is the only option at work, so I figgured this might be something that I end up liking. With that said, I relaize that it is a faily new OS and still needs time to develop.

I think when I look at what I need a phone for its mostly for email, text, phone, browser, and maps. If I use 5 apps thats a lot for me so apps really dont mean much to me at this time. This Nokia 920 is my secondary phone as of now so I can see if this phone will work for me. If it works out then I will replace my main line which is an iPhone 5 with the 920. This is a trial and error for me, it should be fun.

Fair enough...good luck! I actually have a similar background. Work for the government, was on iOS, got bored, wanted something new and fresh, didn't care much about apps, etc. So far so good for me. Hope you have the same experience.
    Thanked by:
    RN50 

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Still waiting on mine to get here but I'm switching from an iPhone 5 for the exact same reason. Scarey

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    I had a 4s with a Droid Incredible(looking back, that was a terrible phone) before that. While I was really excited about my 4s, I got bored of it quick so I can only imagine being with iOS since the beginning! Being with Microsoft right now and being on these forums, a lot of things have come to light about Google that I really don't like so I'm in the process of selling my Nexus 7 tablet. I love my macbook air though aside from the terrible battery life :/

i thnk thats Avatar .. lol

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    feel free to delete that second Hotmail account it'll do nothing.

Oh by the way, give me a few days to change my avitar.....
    i'd leave it :)
    jdhooghe likes this.

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Being with Microsoft right now and being on these forums, a lot of things have come to light about Google that I really don't like so I'm in the process of selling my Nexus 7 tablet.
    What things have come to light? Google is a big, evil company. So is Microsoft. There's no alternative to the Nexus 7 that offers a similarly great screen resolution, weight and price tag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    What things have come to light? Google is a big, evil company. So is Microsoft. There's no alternative to the Nexus 7 that offers a similarly great screen resolution, weight and price tag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    It is certainly the worst of the bunch. Google, since you are a fan, their privacy policies. Microsoft is certainly no saint but at least my device's primary purpose isn't to collect data on me
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    It is certainly the worst of the bunch. Google, since you are a fan, their privacy policies. Microsoft is certainly no saint but at least my device's primary purpose isn't to collect data on me
    I'm not a fan of Google, I just like my Nexus 7. As a matter of fact, I feel very uncomfortable using their services. However, I don't believe for one second that Microsoft is any better. They, too, collect your data. The difference being that Google is quite open when it comes to communicating their intentions while Microsoft's and Apple's ToS don't specify what happens to all the information they collect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2