Nokia shuts down Navifirm

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Rumor says that Nokia will apply access restriction that render Navifirm useless by Jan 13 or so.
check out gsmhosting for more detail

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ I've been using it for over 4 years... and it was probably around before that.. so ya.. about time I guess. Also, something tells me Microsoft wasn't happy with Navifirm..

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I too would guess MS had something to do with this. It's naturally a loss to many people, but I think it's understandable from their point of view to not have software available that allows people to flash software that isnt necessarily ready yet and/or brick their devices and then go crying to Nokia about said bricked device :p

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Navifirm brought my phone back from the dead after I used the "supported" method of doing a factory reset. I re-flashed the phone and running fine, if it wasn't for that then the phone would have to been shipped out and 14 days before I had a working phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
scumbags carriers and Microsoft are responsible for this. So sad that Nokia is in such a weak position that they have to bend at the every whim of external forces.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know we still able to download firmware through Nokia Care Suite. We won't be able to get the updates ahead of time without Navifirm but at least we still can recover or flash our devices if something happens to them using Nokia Care

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know we still able to download firmware through Nokia Care Suite. We won't be able to get the updates ahead of time without Navifirm but at least we still can recover or flash our devices if something happens to them using Nokia Care

Are you sure of that? The new version (.51) of NCS seems to require a valid login to go online and download fw with but I hope I'm wrong about that ;)

/Per

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
scumbags carriers and Microsoft are responsible for this. So sad that Nokia is in such a weak position that they have to bend at the every whim of external forces.
Well.. that was inevitable really.. the moment they signed that contract with Microsoft it was pretty much game over for the "we can do whatever we want" behavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3