Avoid updating (Portico) for my lumia 920 because I am worried

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the lucky ones who has been enjoying a yellow Lumia 920 for about 3 weeks now. I am having no problem with the phone. But every second day I read a post about problems that people have gotten AFTER they executed the update ( I think Its called Portico)

Since I am super happy with my phone, I think my best bet would be to ignore the update in the first place. Just now I unchecked the "Tell me when a new update is available" as well as "Download the new update automatically" under Options, so that I wont even be notice about the update.

I know that this update does some improvements on the camera quality but I do not care. I am very pleased with the quality of the camera already.
What do you think of me ignoring the update in total ?

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a forum, everyone comes here to complain. I've had my phone since the beginning of january and I updated it and nothing has happened. I still have great battery life and nothing has gone wrong with it.

B H

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was the same as you. I had zero issues with mine and was worried about messing it up by updating. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Then I started thinking that I'd want to be on the most current software version for apps and support issues. So I updated. The only "issue" I had was when I first did the update it came back on at full brightness and I was bummed and told myself I shouldn't have done it. But after rebooting it works perfectly just as it had always - and that's been several days ago.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problems after the update. There are some pretty nice new features (sms reply when getting a call, wifi always on, camera and bluetooth improvements etc.). I'm getting better battery life too. If you have problems you could always flash your original firmware back.

Nobody comes here to say nothing has changed since their update, they come here to complain. Forums always make things out to be worse than they really are when in fact it is just the minority that have issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3