Received my replacement

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a replacement last Friday, but I was out of town so yesterday was the first day I could play with it.

I can confirm that anyone that has any noticeable flex or clicking on the case has a flawed unit of some sort. I personally think this is just due to the assembly process and nothing more in most cases. The vibration on this new unit is also nice and smooth. I hope it stays like that.

I'm going to keep an eye on my wife's white one, her case is clicking near the sim tray. I think if you have this issue, there is a good chance you will eventually get dust inside.

Are these issues big enough for you to contact Nokia Care? That's up to you. Mine had issues at the bottom near the usb connector (very soft feeling) which is why I wanted a new one.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with dust in the FFC and also my wireless charger locking up my phone.

The replacement I received has a much tighter shell and there are no visible gaps between the glass/gasket and phone shell like there was on my first one. This one also has not locked up so far either.

I imagine it was just QC issues at the factory and now that they are catching up newer batches will be better.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Nokia on Twitter originally.. @NokiaCareUS and spoke with them regarding my issues. I think emailed their customer support and after testing with them they wanted to send me a new one so they could look over my old one to try and run down the issues.

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement last Friday, but I was out of town so yesterday was the first day I could play with it.

I can confirm that anyone that has any noticeable flex or clicking on the case has a flawed unit of some sort. I personally think this is just due to the assembly process and nothing more in most cases. The vibration on this new unit is also nice and smooth. I hope it stays like that.

I'm going to keep an eye on my wife's white one, her case is clicking near the sim tray. I think if you have this issue, there is a good chance you will eventually get dust inside.

Are these issues big enough for you to contact Nokia Care? That's up to you. Mine had issues at the bottom near the usb connector (very soft feeling) which is why I wanted a new one.
I am on my second replacement for dust in the FFC and I noticed the vibration is a lot smoother and quieter. No more rattling. The new replacement as a whole feels more "tightly" built. No creaks. I am happy.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I do have the clicking issue on the headphone jack part of the case, though I don't deem it worthy for me to send out and get a replacement unit. Maybe if my battery all of a sudden became defective, then I'd consider it.

Besides, for me to cause the clicking sound, I have to actually press down on the top.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I do have the clicking issue on the headphone jack part of the case, though I don't deem it worthy for me to send out and get a replacement unit. Maybe if my battery all of a sudden became defective, then I'd consider it.

Besides, for me to cause the clicking sound, I have to actually press down on the top.
me too, but I'm ocd and kept pushing it lol

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell us the batch number and whatever other info is on the box? I might buy a 920 but want to avoid buying one with clicking defects or gaps at the top for dust.

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine came from Nokia and they shipped me the replacement first and I mailed the defective one back

Is the clicking/flexing and the dust the only reasons you gave for wanting a replacement? I tried to call AT&T to request a replacement for a yellow 920 screen that scratches way too easily and they wanted us to ship the phone back to them and wait for them to check it out before they would send a replacement device.

Also - are you in the US? What carrier?

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
What reason did you give AT&T for wanting a replacement?

Airplane mode was stuck on and the battery kept discharging causing the phone to heat up. Phone got hot last night while on the wireless charger, but didn't think anything was wrong and I put it on the wall charger while I slept and it looks like the heat problem got worse and fried some of the radios. Just flashed my phone twice with two different ATT rom versions and still have the exact same problem. The worst part besides having to go an entire weekend without a phone is that they didn't have any yellow in stock to ship to me.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine came from Nokia and they shipped me the replacement first and I mailed the defective one back
I had to send in mine for more than 2 weeks. Took a chat and 2 phone calls (from their end) to get it back in overnight (from dallas it was UPS ground)

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The creaking came after two weeks or so for me and only when the phone was hot, so you might not be out of the clear yet :)

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I get a slight creaking noise when i press the top of the sim card tray. When i press the headphone jack there is no creaking is my phone ok?

Also my lock screen button seems slightly more pressed in then thr other side buttons is that normal or am i just being paranoid?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3