Forced edge network when on wifi (super battery life)

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was at my in-laws this past week and while they have LTE, it only gives about 2 bars. 4G is not much better either. I decided to force the phone to the edge. I was at hour 27 with like 23% battery left. I also have my brightness just set to low after the recent update. Lots of usage on the phone, a few short phone calls. The only time the battery drained fast was while playing the graphically intensive game (Words with Friends) :eck: Zynga is the worst development company ever! I leave BT on at all times.

I wish there was an option to set the cell network to a certain network when at a certain location. I wish there was a real option in settings to change the network type..... At my house, edge gives me solid coverage, but the phone always tries to go to fastest network even if the signal is poor. This equals missed calls/texts for me. If the microcells become stable then I'd be happy, but they are POS right now.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah when I had my iPhone 1st gen it was edge only that sucker could last a weekend and some change without charging. It was the move to 3G that started really killing battery life and soon after LTE has proven to be even more battery intensive. So I am not surprised. You are right though it would be nice if AT&T would let use change the network options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3