battery went from 84% to 100% after turning phone off and on.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes many of times over two phones. I thought it was weird % would increase not on charge, but the battery % calculation is off. Sometimes, my percentage would be 35% and then jump to 40% without turning off or doing anything.

Other times when resetting, my battery would increase from like 20% to like 50%. So yes, it has happened and i believe it has happened to most people.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Batteries, in general, will recharge to a certain extent when no load is applied. Which would explain some of it. I still believe Nokia has a problem with monitoring battery level, whether it's software or hardware is anybody's guess. That would also explain why some people have had phone die and when powered back on it says 10-30%. Could also be the OS has a few problems with processes hanging up causing excessive drain which causes voltage drop and can cause false readings on battery level. I don't really know what the problem is and why some people rave about battery and others, like me, wish we had never purchased 920.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
On 3rd phone. Just happened again. My battery is draining on this phone and it was at 64% with only 3 hours off charger while I was still sleeping. So I did a hard reset and it was at 83%.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the main problem here is hardware/software of Nokia. I think WP8 OS is solid. There may be a few apps with programming issues causing random drains but my Surface works fine. I get advertised use out of battery more or less and no random drains or weird battery reporting. It's built off same software more or less, right? I don't see near as many complaints with HTC, but that may not be true. It doesn't appear as many were sold. From what I've seen from my experience and other posts, it would appear to be a Nokia problem. MS and Nokia know where the problem lies and we will never know. All I can know for sure is that this will be my last Nokia product. I don't care at this point where or what the problem is. It has to be a battery monitoring or reporting issue in Nokia software or just bad hardware. They are new to smartphones, I get it. They will get it figured out. I've always bought name brand, flagship phones because they are supposed to be the best. Nokia was THE phone manufacture back in their day, but they have a few bugs to work out to get back to that position. I just feel foolish for listening to the hype and not waiting for proof of delivery.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This is totally weird ... My fone was doing just fine before the update, but after Portico shows 63% and when you power off then on it showed 80%. It is going to take them a year to fix these issues ... Joys of being early adopters :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte