12-28-2012, 04:16 PM #1
- 2 Posts
I had to switch Microsoft accounts so I did a phone reset. 5 hours later, the phone was still stuck in the infinite cogwheel animation screen. I tried to restore the device using nokia care suite and in the process, the update aborted itself. Now I'm stuck with a bricked phone where I can't even power the device on.
Here's what I've tried:
- pressing and holding the power+volume-down buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
- pressing and holding the power+volume-down+camera buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
- plugging it into the computer doesn't do anything
- tried letting it charge for 5 hours -- no effect
I'm out of options. Any idea as to what I should do?
12-29-2012, 09:10 PM #4
- 174 Posts
I have the same problem. Nokia and MS really need to get a better QA department. After putting my rep on the line by recommending WP8 to a number of friends based on my WP7 experience, I'm really not thrilled with how absolutely badly the last 2 months have been with this phone.
01-14-2013, 10:32 PM #6
- 16 Posts
Same thing happened to me as well. Try to figure out if there are ways to get it back but I doubt.
Damn bad timing as I was about to send it to Nokia to get it checked for bad battery life.
If they figure out it has a broken software update (to portico) I'm sure I know what they'll say. :)
- By Selfie_13 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 12Last Post: 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
- By Lundon44 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 33Last Post: 02-10-2013, 02:49 AM
- By prat23 in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 3Last Post: 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
- By MichaelBanning in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 52Last Post: 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
- By jiggawho in forum Dell Venue ProReplies: 7Last Post: 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM