Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

2 Posts
    I had to switch Microsoft accounts so I did a phone reset. 5 hours later, the phone was still stuck in the infinite cogwheel animation screen. I tried to restore the device using nokia care suite and in the process, the update aborted itself. Now I'm stuck with a bricked phone where I can't even power the device on.

Here's what I've tried:
    - pressing and holding the power+volume-down buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
    - pressing and holding the power+volume-down+camera buttons for extended periods of time (with and without AC)
    - plugging it into the computer doesn't do anything
    - tried letting it charge for 5 hours -- no effect

I'm out of options. Any idea as to what I should do?

299 Posts
    No options? You tellin me you missed the sticky "fix for bricked 920s"???

2 Posts
    ^ tried them all. no luck

edit: that requires being able to hold the volume down + power button and make the phone vibrate, which I can't even do

174 Posts
    I have the same problem. Nokia and MS really need to get a better QA department. After putting my rep on the line by recommending WP8 to a number of friends based on my WP7 experience, I'm really not thrilled with how absolutely badly the last 2 months have been with this phone.
    Same thing happened to me..
    During a software update a failed message appeared with no error number and the phone doesn't start up or respond to anything, including USB.

Can anyone help.

16 Posts
    Same thing happened to me as well. Try to figure out if there are ways to get it back but I doubt.
    Damn bad timing as I was about to send it to Nokia to get it checked for bad battery life.
    If they figure out it has a broken software update (to portico) I'm sure I know what they'll say. :)