Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Less than an hour of reading CNN, weave and these forums and I'm already down to 89%. Does anyone have a reason why this happens? This is ridiculous.
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Less than an hour of reading CNN, weave and these forums and I'm already down to 89%. Does anyone have a reason why this happens? This is ridiculous.
    Is it? How much less than an hour? 45 minutes? If so that's 0.25% an minute which would be 400 minutes(6 .6 hours) of constant surfing and usage on a full charge. That doesn't sound so bad to me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The world.

People want it.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    I guess I'm just flabbergasted that just reading text drains battery this much
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    OK, but it isn't the simple fact you are reading text. If you are in an application, there is the processes associated with running the application and whether it requires an active data connection, location, etc. Oh, and all the while the screen is on and the phone is still keeping tabs on your signal strength, remaining battery life, etc. You can say you aren't doing a lot on your phone, but your phone is doing a lot in the background. Whether it should be taxing the hardware as much is another question.