Podcasts murdering storage space, not obeying the rules.. Huge problem!

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I was curious why I wake up with minus 5-6GB of space, when I didn't download a THING or even use the phone.

I plugged in my phone to sync some music with the Windows Phone app and randomly browsed to the "Podcasts" section and the "Podcasts on Phone" section.

Turns out that instead of only "keeping 2 episodes on device" in the "Series settings" of my podcast like I told it to, it just keeps downloading and downloading them.

Only 2 SHOW UP on the device, but the Windows Phone PC App shows every episode from every podcast in subscribed to. Even really old ones.

What the **** is going on here. I'm afraid to even subscribe if I can't even delete all these extra episodes on the phone itself...

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Deleted all podcasts, it seems to be doing fine this time around with the same podcasts. Haven't gotten the new Episodes yet though, don't even want to invade that happens again

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This is yet another area that iOS/Android "just work" and Windows Phone doesn't. Microsoft just can't get the little details right ever.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah im definitely almost regretting it lol. These tiny things thatre keeping WP from being taken seriously at all.

App makers refusing... Makes it worse bits lose lose. So far, its the best user experience though. Its killing me. (previous iPhone user)

This is yet another area that iOS/Android "just work" and Windows Phone doesn't. Microsoft just can't get the little details right ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro