Battery Life is OK

killzone killzo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I was like many of you thinking that the battery drained way too fast especially when using data until I tried the following smart phones (my friends' phones):

1) iPhone 4s, which had a 92% charge after 4 hours idle and 24 minutes usage time. I opened up safari and surfed a couple of car sites for about five minutes. The battery percentage went down to 88% in less than five minutes. My lumia drains about 3% every 5 minutes of surfing and 1% every 3 hours idle.

2) Samsung galaxy SIII, had a 71% charge after 8 hours idle (and my friend said he used it moderately to heavily throughout the day). I did the same test as in number 1) and the battery went down to 68%. Better than the iphone but the same as my lumia.

It seems like this is a general issue with smart phones.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It totally is. People just like to find things to complain about. My cousin owns the S3 and he says it doesn't last through a full day either. My L920 at least last through the whole day with low-mid usage.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My battery dies 1% every couple minutes without using it. Like. I sit and watch It die.

I am finding something to complain about?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 has a totally fine battery life when it works as intended. It's no secret that a good chunk of people are not having theirs word as intended and see crazy drain with just about no use. Luckily I'm not one of those.

That said, it's still a forum, so people are more eager to write about the problems than to write that they have no issues. The problems are there, but are still within the minority.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It totally is. People just like to find things to complain about. My cousin owns the S3 and he says it doesn't last through a full day either. My L920 at least last through the whole day with low-mid usage.

your cousin is right. i have a gs3 also and i have to charge it atleast once during the day or i wont get a full days use out of it and it has a slightly bigger battery than my lumia 920. apps come into play also. some apps are not refined for wp8 like they are for wp7. that will drain a wp8 device faster also. also if you are a frequent user of your device, the display will drain it alot also. on my gs3, the display is always the biggest power drain. that comes from using the phone alot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6