Earphone suggestions

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a decent pair of earphones for the lumia 920? Needs to have volume controls and microphone and be able to answer phone calls. Can't decide whether I want in ear or on ear headphones but ideally I want to spend less than ?50 if possible. I had an iPhone before and always liked their headphones but the mic and volume controls don't seem to be compatible with the 920. Any advice would be much appreciated!

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Klipsch Reference S4 or Klipsch Image S4 would be best bets for in-ear type. If you're okay with no controls, undoubtedly jump to Klipsch bandwagon.

For on ear I don't have any specific choice which have the controls, but Sony MDR-XB400 offers best bang for buck, and comes with thumping bass response. (Though you may need to adjust your EQ is you're an audiophile.)

I've been using these both. I'm an audiophile (without much money to go for high end). I've done much research before buying these, so be sure that both are a steal. Go for it!

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, it won't use mics on your iPhone headphones. Actually I guess if you plug iPhone headphones is AD-54 that would be incompatible, because AD-54 is made for general purpose headphones (3-point 3.5mm plugs, while iPhone has 4-point one).

AD-54 has inbuilt microphone. So just use a normal earphone, it'll convert it to a decent headset!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock Samsung headphones that came with my focus. They are really nice for stock headphones. They sound pretty good and are comfortable to wear. If they ever break, I will be lost looking for a decent replacement.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
On Ear for me...Klipsch Image Ones. They crush Bose and Beats. Ordering my girl a set of Magenta Nokia Purity cans soon as well. They don't sound quite as good as Klipsch but she likes how they look...

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock Samsung headphones that came with my focus. They are really nice for stock headphones. They sound pretty good and are comfortable to wear. If they ever break, I will be lost looking for a decent replacement.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
Man honestly, Samsung earphones suck bad... I've used my friend who also has SS focus. Those are only good for conversations.

On Ear for me...Klipsch Image Ones. They crush Bose and Beats. Ordering my girl a set of Magenta Nokia Purity cans soon as well. They don't sound quite as good as Klipsch but she likes how they look...
Indeed.. Bose are overpriced and Beats are overhyped. Klipsch and Sennheiser offer good VFM.

Sennheiser OvertheEar Headphones with swapcable system Black HD439 - Best Buy

these over the ear headphones sound REALLY good. i played with them yesterday at best buy. i currently use AKG's. they are made by an austria company and regarded as high quality. in ear buds agitate my ear and they dont block out the outside noise so you dont get to hear the song the way it was meant to.
Sennheiser HD series is good. Although in-ear are better at blocking noise, provided that you choose good pair. My Klipsch Reference S4 are so awesome with the Oval tips. I live in a crowded metro city and a daily commuter. They are the best noise blockers! As every reviewer also acknowledges the same.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Does the klipsch control volume and such on wp8 devices? That was the op's question...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if you would consider Bluetooth headset or not but I use my LG 730 headset all the time. It has everything your looking for without wires. It provides great sound is way loud and has built in EQ settings. Works with all phone functions including voice commands. It like this headset was made from WP

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought the klipsch S4a fro att. They work great in ears and have good microphone. I bought two pairs from att and they gave me 30$ worth of accessories for free.

mav4life

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I might just make the ump to the Nokia Purity headphones. They're 99$ but I only hear positives from them and they are for sure compatible with 920.

It seems like a lot for headphones but I've always been satisfied with Monster headphones so I'm just waiting to go back home to order them since I've out of town.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I might just make the ump to the Nokia Purity headphones. They're 99$ but I only hear positives from them and they are for sure compatible with 920.

It seems like a lot for headphones but I've always been satisfied with Monster headphones so I'm just waiting to go back home to order them since I've out of town.
I've tried the in-ear monster purity headset which my friend got free with his Lumia 800. I'd definitely say that Klipsch are better for less price. No crisp mids and highs in Purity ones.

mav4life

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the in-ear monster purity headset which my friend got free with his Lumia 800. I'd definitely say that Klipsch are better for less price. No crisp mids and highs in Purity ones.

From my quick search of those, I see that they don't have volume and playback controls. If so, that's the main reason I need the Purity ones since I take my earphones when I commute on my bicycle. I can't be taking my phone out and trying to adjust the volume through my jeans.

I was literally in line to purchase the SC Titans but then I realized it did not have volume controls so I have to settle for the Purity.

Maybe I'm wrong though and yours have the mic/playback controls but if not they simply aren't an option for me.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
From my quick search of those, I see that they don't have volume and playback controls. If so, that's the main reason I need the Purity ones since I take my earphones when I commute on my bicycle. I can't be taking my phone out and trying to adjust the volume through my jeans.

I was literally in line to purchase the SC Titans but then I realized it did not have volume controls so I have to settle for the Purity.

Maybe I'm wrong though and yours have the mic/playback controls but if not they simply aren't an option for me.

Oh well yeah. Purity ones are way to go if you want controls (and looks). I use AD-54 when needed. But gotta admit, the total length of wire becomes more than necessary.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend trying the Sony MH1C's. Don't be fooled by the $20 price tag. The sound produced from these earphones is unbelievable and comparable to the $100 earphones you can find out there. It has an in-line mic, volume controls and works great with my 920. It has a flat j cord which you have to get used to but for the price you honestly can't go wrong.

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've gone with the in-Ear Headphones by Monster WH-920 as suggested by treble3 as I can get them for ?30 off of ebay. Lets just hope the seller is reputable! Thanks for everyones inputs. Seems like quite a job trying to find headphones with volume controls for the 920 =(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb