Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ok, so I had the lumia 920 and left for the iphone 5 b/c i needed tunein and sirius xm. I see that the 8 platform has finally received tunein and I am bored with the iphone 5 so I plan on coming back. My question is lumia 920 or htc 8x. What are the real differences? Is beats that much better? Why does it seem like the 8x only comes in 8 gb of memory? Will these phones still be covered if I buy them used off of ebay? Thanks all.

Nokia Lumia 920 for sure! :)
    Pureview, 32GB build-in memory

i havent got the 920 yet, but i will get it as soon as i can!

What carrier? If it's AT&T then there is no question, 920. All things being equal, the 920 is a better device (in my opinion). But on AT&T they are not equal, you get the 8GB 8X for the same price as the 32GB 920 with a charging plate.

If you are buying used though, it's more about getting the best deal. If you are selling your iphone5, you should think about just paying the $450 at ATT for the outright cost of a new device.

do they nokia lumia 920s still come with the charging plate via at&t?

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Johnson1 View Post
    do they nokia lumia 920s still come with the charging plate via at&t?
    I thought u had a 920, shouldn't u know?

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Having owned a couple phones with Beats audio (an HTC Rezound and an HTC One X), I think Dolby Digital on the 920 sounds better. In addition I'm loving the camera on the 920, and from what I've read overall it's significantly better than the camera on the 8X. The last major advantage I think the 920 has is the suite of Nokia-provided apps that are unique to it. There are other advantages, but for me those are the 3 that stand out the most.

But, if you haven't already, go to the store and hold each, and look at the screens, and use each one for a few minutes one after the other. (And ask to try them out without the security device attached!) Don't rely on a swipe or two, spend a few minutes with each in close succession. Snap a few pics with each camera right in the store and compare them. You may quickly form an emotional connection with one and your question is resolved. :)

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Nokia music is amazing.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Just to make sure, tunein is available now right? I know it says so on the forum but it does not say so on the tunein website. I am going to go with the nokia 920 i decided, again. I am just trying to find the right deal on ebay. I bought my wife a black one with a wireless charging plate for $405 which I think is a really good deal. I am trying to find a similar deal for me. I already listed both of our iphone 5s.
    To dkp23, I asked if they still come with the charging plates. I know they originally did(though mine did not as I bought it out of contract)

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes TuneIn is available on Wp8 phones. I personally tried it and never use it. I stick with Nokia Music and it's been a good experience.
    Red Lumia 920
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Johnson1 View Post
    Ok, so I had the lumia 920 and left for the iphone 5 b/c i needed tunein and sirius xm. I see that the 8 platform has finally received tunein and I am bored with the iphone 5 so I plan on coming back. My question is lumia 920 or htc 8x. What are the real differences? Is beats that much better? Why does it seem like the 8x only comes in 8 gb of memory? Will these phones still be covered if I buy them used off of ebay? Thanks all.
    Well... let's see.

The Lumia 920 has...

- No soft touch coating that peels off the phone
    - Slightly higher resolution screen (1280x768 vs. 1280 x 720), a minor point, but it is helpful when viewing webpages.
    - PureView camera with optical stabilization (this the ONLY smartphone camera with this feature) and better low-light/dark photo performance
    - 32 GB of internal memory
    - Super Sensitive Touch screen, which enables you to operate screen with gloves on, or even with the end of a pen or your keys in a pinch.
    - PureMotion HD+ screen (basically pixels are refreshed 3x faster, this results in smoother transitions and better screen response, cleaner video etc)
    - Slightly larger batter (2000 maH vs. 1800 maH) which delivers a bit more battery life.
    - Lower price. This may have changed, but last time I checked the 920 was $100 cheaper.
    - A Bose graphic equalizer

The Nokia 920 also has the library of Nokia Exclusive apps.

- Nokia Drive
    - Nokia SmartShoot
    - Nokia Cinemagraph
    - Bloomberg Hub
    - Groupon
    - YouSendIt
    - Michelin Guide
    - Whatsapp
    - Vimeo
    - Angry Birds Roost
    - Panorama
    - Nokia City Lens
    - ESPN
    - Nokia Music
    - Nokia Transport
    - Nokia Creative Studio
    - Nokia Trailers
    - Nokia Network Setup
    - Nokia Lens apps (several)
    - StyleSaint
    - Angry Birds Roost
    - TuneIn Radio

There are a few that I'm forgetting, maybe someone else will know what they are. The third party once are time limited exclusives, some will become available to other phones after 3-18 months. The Nokia branded apps are Nokia only, except for Nokia Maps.

The HTC 8x has...

- A bass booster
    - A narrower body
    - Weighs 40 grams less