Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By cameradork
  • 1 Post By Jnbs
  • 3 Post By dkp23
  • 1 Post By wamsille
  1. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #1  
    Shot with a black Lumia 920 (ATT) with the Portico update. All images straight out the camera, unprocessed and uploaded to Google+.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121230_111.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	25876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121230_031.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	25879
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121230_025.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	25877
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121230_015.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	25878
  2. Jnbs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    #2  
    I don't know why people keep complaining about the camera. Beautiful Shots
    wolftron likes this.
  3. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,529 Global Posts
    #3  
    My stepmom told me my dad was complaining about the camera so much and asked her if he should go exchange from att due to the "bad"camera. fast forward another month and we have a family dinner last night, so i look at his camera, he still has the plastic sticker on top of the lens, im like, why didn't you take it off???

    Took it off, problem solved, you can tell how dirty the sticker was. Old people :o
    Muessig, strikexx and wolftron like this.
  4. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnbs View Post
    I don't know why people keep complaining about the camera. Beautiful Shots
    Thanks :)

    I think it's because people are expecting it to replace a DSLR, or even a good point and shoot, which it doesn't :) Different tool for a different job - this is an amazing camera for a phone, and with the right expectations in place, it's a joy to use.
  5. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    My stepmom told me my dad was complaining about the camera so much and asked her if he should go exchange from att due to the "bad"camera. fast forward another month and we have a family dinner last night, so i look at his camera, he still has the plastic sticker on top of the lens, im like, why didn't you take it off???

    Took it off, problem solved, you can tell how dirty the sticker was. Old people :o
    "lens protector" ;)
  6. wamsille's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    #6  
    Right settings, right expectations...yeah, right.

    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

    Thing is, people are going to be who they are and if it isn't an Apple or Google product there is going to be a sense of disappointment with everything the phone does. These are nice real world examples taken with a Lumia 920.
    gnrthx likes this.
  7. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
    great quote from a great movie ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    Thing is, people are going to be who they are and if it isn't an Apple or Google product there is going to be a sense of disappointment with everything the phone does.
    I had an iPhone 4S before this and was sorely disappointed with the entire experience, mainly because all of my iZealot friends and blogs hyped it up so much that there was no way it could possibly live up to any of that. Resetting my expectations for what a phone should do helped immensely with the enjoyment of the 920.

    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    These are nice real world examples taken with a Lumia 920.
    Thanks :)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Shot with a black Lumia 920 (ATT) with the Portico update. All images straight out the camera, unprocessed and uploaded to Google+.
    Something processed them. They are not that size by default.
  9. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    Something processed them. They are not that size by default.
    When I uploaded them to Google+, it probably reduced the size (and possibly recompressed them). By unprocessed, I mean I didn't bring them into a post-processing application like Lightroom and make any adjustments (sharpening, contrast, clarity, etc). If you're really curious, here's the SkyDrive link with the original-originals. It also contains a bunch of others from that shoot:

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ABC5D4028!1687
    Last edited by cameradork; 12-31-2012 at 05:34 PM.
  10. tebugg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    When I uploaded them to Google+, it probably reduced the size (and possibly recompressed them). By unprocessed, I mean I didn't bring them into a post-processing application like Lightroom and make any adjustments (sharpening, contrast, clarity, etc). If you're really curious, here's the SkyDrive link with the original-originals. It also contains a bunch of others from that shoot:

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ABC5D4028!1687
    very nice pics. you got some good shots in there. where you do you live? based on some of those photo's i'm gonna guess somewhere in asia? only reason i ask is because i'm jealous that you dont have snow on the ground and i have alot of it. hehehe.
  11. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    562 Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    very nice pics. you got some good shots in there. where you do you live? based on some of those photo's i'm gonna guess somewhere in asia? only reason i ask is because i'm jealous that you dont have snow on the ground and i have alot of it. hehehe.
    Thanks - I live in the San Francisco area. No snow here until you get much further up north and into the mountains.

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia Lumia 920 availability in Denmark
    By Sanpd in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
  2. Lumia 920 Case In Question
    By NinaNachthexen in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM
  3. Lumia 920 capacity, in MacOSX & Windows 8
    By weetigo in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
  4. Lumia 920 shown in ATT network commercial
    By Blackwood504 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
  5. So is the Nokia Lumia 920 coming in cyan?
    By BIGPADDY in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions