Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts
    I noticed that my new phone has an odd area over the speaker section. Almost like there is no outer surface/film finish on this area. I have drawn a rectangle above it to highlight the area. You can only really see it when the lighting is right.

wp_20121231_006.jpg

My wife's phone doesn't appear to have this. Is this a manufacturing fault with this unit?

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Here is another thread mentioning the same issue. It's fairly common.

Problem with glass at top of phone?
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    Here is another thread mentioning the same issue. It's fairly common.

Problem with glass at top of phone?
    ok, thanks. Not a show stopper, but battery usage is. Perhaps if I exchange the unit I can verify the new one does not have this issue.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    There has been a few people who mentioned after swapping phones the new one did not have it.

I received my replacement last week (Due to wireless charging issues) And while it fixed the other issues i had I still have that spot but it's not as defined. If the glass is clean you don't see it at all.. Only when the screen is smudged do I see it.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I noticed that my new phone has an odd area over the speaker section. Almost like there is no outer surface/film finish on this area. I have drawn a rectangle above it to highlight the area. You can only really see it when the lighting is right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121231_006.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	25890

My wife's phone doesn't appear to have this. Is this a manufacturing fault with this unit?
    i had this same thing when i got my first lumia 920 on release day from AT&T store. it was black also. 2 weeks later when i got my replacement red lumia 920 it didnt have this. my sister got a black lumia 920 for christmas and hers doesnt have this either.