Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I noticed that my new phone has an odd area over the speaker section. Almost like there is no outer surface/film finish on this area. I have drawn a rectangle above it to highlight the area. You can only really see it when the lighting is right.

wp_20121231_006.jpg

My wife's phone doesn't appear to have this. Is this a manufacturing fault with this unit?

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Here is another thread mentioning the same issue. It's fairly common.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...ml#post1815915
    Red Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    Here is another thread mentioning the same issue. It's fairly common.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...ml#post1815915
    ok, thanks. Not a show stopper, but battery usage is. Perhaps if I exchange the unit I can verify the new one does not have this issue.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    There has been a few people who mentioned after swapping phones the new one did not have it.

I received my replacement last week (Due to wireless charging issues) And while it fixed the other issues i had I still have that spot but it's not as defined. If the glass is clean you don't see it at all.. Only when the screen is smudged do I see it.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I noticed that my new phone has an odd area over the speaker section. Almost like there is no outer surface/film finish on this area. I have drawn a rectangle above it to highlight the area. You can only really see it when the lighting is right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121231_006.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	25890

My wife's phone doesn't appear to have this. Is this a manufacturing fault with this unit?
    i had this same thing when i got my first lumia 920 on release day from AT&T store. it was black also. 2 weeks later when i got my replacement red lumia 920 it didnt have this. my sister got a black lumia 920 for christmas and hers doesnt have this either.