Problems with Whatsapp on L920

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this is the wrong section. Didnt know if this problem was specific to the L920 or a general problem.

So, I installed whatsapp the day I bought my phone and it installed fine. I encountered a couple problems while using the app.

Firstly I could send photos but could not download received photos, then nearly a week later I could not send photos either. The tiny picture thumbnails appear in the thread but are not downloadable. Clicking on them brings up the loading bar for a split second and then disappears leaving the tiny thumbnail with no options to view. Not sure about other file types.

Secondly, contacts weren't fully updating. There were a lot of people missing from my contacts list and these slowly made their way onto the list, but not all at once.

Thirdly, I was getting notifications for messages that had already arrived and upon going to view the message there would be no new message received indicator.

Fourthly, I uninstalled with intentions of reinstalling to correct the above problems but now I'm stuck trying to verify the account. Keeps giving me an error message saying Could connect to Whatsapp. Check network settings and try again later. Have tried this umpteen times. I'm in the UK so code is +44, then I drop the 0 making my number 7794XXXXXX. Hit continue and loading bar appears then takes me to above error message.

Now I'm stuck without Whatsapp and New Year's is in less than 2hours :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well. Whatsapp is very buggy for windows phone right now. We hope the devs are working on an update. As for the verification part, not sure about that. 😞

e4et

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled whatsapp this evening. Too frustrating to use, I have the same problems as the OP.
I hope they release a new version soon.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorted! Uninstalled, restarted phone, downloaded whatapp, restarted and then installed. Not sure if this method solved the problem as I've been repeating combinations of this process all night.

I did notice that the time that it worked whatsapp took longer to install in the app drawer

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have solved the original problem... onto the next one.

Where are the received pictures saved? Can't find them in my photos section

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I'm back to square one with the original problem. Don't know why its reverted to not downloading the pics again.

Very buggy and very annoyed

Also pics from previous downloads when it was working are nowhere to be found in saved pictures album

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So decided to take my chances and reinstall whatsapp. Having connection issues like mentioned before. Seriously don't understand why it is giving me the error message

s_a_r_k_i_s

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Still runs crappy on my 920.....I get over toast messages, then at times nothing....then the tile updates and when you go into the app you have to wait for the message to load....buggy to say the least. Hopefully the Devs sort it out asap.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I'm back to square one with the original problem. Don't know why its reverted to not downloading the pics again.

Very buggy and very annoyed

Also pics from previous downloads when it was working are nowhere to be found in saved pictures album

Pictures downloaded =! Pictures saved, esp if you've turned auto-save off in Whatsapp.
To save picture, after download, tap on picture, tap on ..., save to phone.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This app has been super crap since its launch on WP. Anyone thinking Whatsapp devs are working on it, should even start believing in end of the world in 2012.
That's not happening. Whatsapp developers have already emailed back to many users in the past saying they don't plan any extra support or resources for WP version. It isn't worth their time. On top of that, the one we have on WP8 right now is the one where Nokia devs have helped Whatsapp team according to the blog post by Nokia. So this is the best that will be around till we see WP9 or something.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
If what you are saying is true then I'm truly disappointed. Why would they turn their backs and provide such a bad service. I communicate with a lot of my friends thru whatsapp and this particular problem has tarnished my first windows phone experience.

I have no other real complaints except for some creaking and dust build-up around screen... which I can live with.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I too have a 920 and Whatsapp which run without problems. I send and receive pictures to iPhone and Android without issues. Live tile works fine although if you are in the app and a message comes in, occasionally it appears you can read the message and when you exit the app the live tile is indicating you have a message which is the message you've already read. Toast works fine for me too. To the OP, maybe the sender has an older version of Whatsapp?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa