Battery drain but I don't know why... Please help!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So my wife started having really bad battery life a few days back. Not sure whether related to her wireless charger, but the issues seemed to start after she got it. I'll try some of the suggestions here. FWIW, here are the series of textsI got today after she took it off the charger at 100% this morning at 6:15 am.
8:22 - Did about 5 minutes of facebook and a text to you - down to 83%
9:01 - 76%
10:15 - 59%
3:09 - 15%
3:56 - 4%...I only have 20 mins left [battery saver msg I presume]. Barely used today.

I sure hope these suggestions work (the soft reset most importantly), because wifi/bt/nfc are off and Nokia Drive is disabled.

Portico on AT&T.

Wow, that's much worse than what I was experiencing. Definitely try the soft reset, an maybe even try to avoid the wireless charger for a while. I also uninstalled Nokia Drive even though I had it blocked. I'm not sure if that had any impact on my battery life, though. I doubt it, but I'm not really going to use that app (though it is pretty nice!) so it's taking up space for nothing :p

CptnSqueaky

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried this? It says that the GPS is the culprit. Can anyone verify this?
Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Ubergizmo

Read the section that says "Battery life (excellent, but shut down that GPS!!!)"

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The soft reset seems to have done the trick - this morning she was practically at 100% after an hour of no usage. I'll report back tonight to let people know how it went for the day.

One other thing to note is that she had NOT disabled Nokia Drive as she had told me, so perhaps that was part of the culprit.

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this? It says that the GPS is the culprit. Can anyone verify this?
Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Ubergizmo

Read the section that says "Battery life (excellent, but shut down that GPS!!!)"

I read that too. I've tried turning off the location setting for a couple days just to see if things improved. Seemed to have no effect on overall battery life. Then again, I don't experience the rapid drain some people report.

Martin Barfield

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Just a though. I went from having a battery life of a day and a half with modertate use to a lifespan of 5 hours with moderate use and no additional apps running.

I had ready that there was an issue reported with the OS and skype and facebook apps. After deleting both nthe apps then reinstalling them my battery use increased back to a day and a half.

As always I tried to keep other apps running at a minimum.

Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos