74m Drop Test - results within...

Bernard Chelin

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So just after midnight on NYE as I was taking photos of the fireworks from the Story Bridge in Brisbane.....tragedy....My phone swan dives over the railing falling 74 meters to the concrete below.

Amazingly the photos I had just taken had already uploaded to skydrive via 4G so I still have the last few snaps of the countdown with my friends.

To my surprise though as I looked on in horror the screen was still on. By the time I got down there though it was off..

For such a big fall it fared pretty well though.. the outer casing shot off to one side and the front screen is smashed but all the pieces are still there.

To say I am devastated is an under statement.

My advice. Don't drop your phone off a bridge.

Attachments

• Photo on 1-01-13 at 1.02 AM.jpg
    Photo on 1-01-13 at 1.02 AM.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Photo on 1-01-13 at 1.02 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 1-01-13 at 1.02 AM #2.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 124

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh man that sucks D: And it's a yellow one, too! I'm really sorry, that's terrible. Especially since you still have a while to go before you can upgrade again :(

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
start buying parts and fix it yourself using the dis-assembly video.

please also list out the swear words you used when the phone fell out of your hands. :)

rtotheich

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried powering on or anything to feel for vibration? Maybe I'm just being too optomistic but it's somewhat possible that just the screen was destroyed. Screen might be $100 or so to fix..

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for your loss mate.

Suggestion: Buy insurance, keep it for a month and claim it got run over by a thief getting away...might just work.

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried powering on or anything to feel for vibration? Maybe I'm just being too optomistic but it's somewhat possible that just the screen was destroyed. Screen might be $100 or so to fix..
If the phone dived 74 meters on concrete I fear there might be absolutely nothing working on it anymore :'(

Anyway, feel sorry for this guy. Hope he gets a new one somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism