Lumia 920 Simlock ORANGE UK

style89

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new user of Lumia 920, but I've got big problem. I've bought my Lumia 920 from second hand shop, it's 100% legal but it has simlock for ORANGE UK. I'm from Poland so I wont use orange UK card, but I'd like to get simfree mobile.

I found info:
handset unlocking | help & support | Orange UK

but I'm not sure if this is possible for second owner of mobile and for customers abroad. Should I buy new pay as you go card and pay for Orange's service for 3 months, than I should call customer's service and am I able to unlock my mobile?

Or is any other option to make my Lumia working in polish networks? Lumia 900 is easy to unlock by code from unlocking-sites, but 920 is quite new mobile so I'd like to know if there is any chance to get Lumia unlocked soon?

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for all advice.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If buying from the UK, almost all 920s will be locked to EE/Orange/T-mobile. Only the ones bought from Clove and Expansys will be unlocked but you'd be lucky to find these second hand.
For now you need to contact these unlocking sites to give you a quote or return the phone if you still can. Unlocked phones should be available in the UK in January.

style89

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
And what about this Orange's offer? Do you think is that possible abroad? I can get Orange's starter (pay as you go), and use it for 3 months (prepaid), but I need to be sure I'll be able to unlock phone than.

On this site there is nothing about phone's first/second/any owner, and nothing about abroad. Requirments are: imei not blacklisted (im sure my isn't), active orange user (doable), and 3 months payment (also doable). But I'm still not sure :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3