Facebook Choices???????????

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I must have downloaded 6 different facebook apps and i still haven't decided which one is the best. I wish they just had one GREAT facebook app instead of 6 or more average apps. I want to know which facebook app is the most consistent app out there., I'm getting dizzing go back and fourth with this.

Thanks Steve

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i use the built in people hub to keep up with whats new on Facebook. you can even select to only show Facebook or twitter or both at the same time. you can also comment and like things from there. for notifications i use the built in Me hub. you can also comment and like that from hub also. i find those 2 things allow me to do enough as far as Facebook goes.

steve kaufmann

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the people hub, thanks again. I have a contact that is in my facebook page but not in my people hub, This is what it says, Why is this.

John Smith was tagged in Crystal Smith photo. ? with Alexandra Zaguirre Wehrli and 11 others.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The people hub is great, but if somebody has a privacy setting set up, their post won't appear on the people hub, if you download the microsoft facebook app it will.

also:
touch.facebook.com is a pretty good site for your windowsphone.

racer514

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Whats the difference between the m.facebook.com site and the touch.facebook.com site?
they look the same on initial glance

thanks!

racer514

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Whats the difference between the m.facebook.com site and the touch.facebook.com site?
they look the same on initial glance

thanks!

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the people hub, thanks again. I have a contact that is in my facebook page but not in my people hub, This is what it says, Why is this.

John Smith was tagged in Crystal Smith photo. — with Alexandra Zaguirre Wehrli and 11 others.

If you just recently added her then it takes a while for the phone to re-sync contacts with facebook, up to 24 hours of more. If you must sync right away you can do it manually by going into People > Settings > Scroll down to "accounts" > long press Facebook and sync

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly see nothing wrong with the Facebook app from Microsoft. It's good enough for all of my FB needs. I also really like the People Hub.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Messaging (with enabled facebook chat), people hub with my own and my gf profile pinned to start ... and I have also pinned mobile and desktop facebook by IE to start (by separate tiles for each of them, even it is pretty easy to switch from mobile facebook to desktop facebook - click 3 lines on the top left and choose the bottom one "Desktop site" ) ... I am not using any fb apps any longer ...

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Messaging (with enabled facebook chat), people hub with my own and my gf profile pinned to start ... and I have also pinned mobile and desktop facebook by IE to start (by separate tiles for each of them, even it is pretty easy to switch from mobile facebook to desktop facebook - click 3 lines on the top left and choose the bottom one "Desktop site" ) ... I am not using any fb apps any longer ...

Exactly. WP FB integration is almost 100% complete if only you could access your FB inbox from WP itself. It's the only missing feature I've encountered. Everything else is there including tagging photos. Once they implement inbox access (even in the form of messaging threads) I can finally uninstall the official FB app and have a seamless experience from WP/FB.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the people hub on my phone, but also have the Microsoft app installed. I find that the Microsoft app will not show me comments under photos, but the people hub will. Also if my phone locks with the Facebook app open, when I unlock the phone I have to go back to the start screen then back into the app to resume where I left off.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I use the people hub on my phone, but also have the Microsoft app installed. I find that the Microsoft app will not show me comments under photos, but the people hub will. Also if my phone locks with the Facebook app open, when I unlock the phone I have to go back to the start screen then back into the app to resume where I left off.
In the FB app, to see comments on pictures, hit the comment button, then scroll down...

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have also tried many Facebook apps and I dislike them all. If you compare m.facebook.com to all those apps Touch, Pro, etc apps, the website always works better. In all those apps the like and comment buttons are below each other taking up space while on the mobile site they are next to each other.

The People hub on the other hand shows posts from people who I have set to not show on my stream. It also shows people playing games, all of those stupid messages I've blocked. The Microsoft Facebook app is ok, but not very user friendly.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the FB app compared to the People Hub/Me tile. I just like the layout and it gives you a bit more to do if you're looking for more than status update/commenting.

However, one thing I did notice is that I do have a picture with over 150 comments (don't ask). The FB app will only go to a 100, where as the People Hub will display them all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb