Internet issues over cell network.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed an issue the last few days with my 920 on att. Randomly the cell network stops working. I can make calls but as far as surfing the web or the marketplace it just returns connection errors.
A quick restart of the phone does seem to work for awhile, but eventually it goes out again. I did have the sim card replaced, but that didn't help. ATT said they would replace the phone but I really hate to do that this phone has an amazing battery life, my last 920 was horrible. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or might have a suggestion to fix this.

Thanks.

Firebird68

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I get this randomly as well on my 920 (cyan) att. What fixes it for me is turning airplane mode on then off again, quicker then having to do a reboot.

Last edited:

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this also and was about to start a thread. I am in Austin, TX and we have been an AT&T LTE city since my Lumia 900 days. Over the past week or two (since the Portico update) it seems to drop all cell data connections. Sometimes enabling / diabling airplane mode will reset it as will turning on / off cellular data but today neither trick worked.

Also today when I just picked up my phone it was locked on the bing search screen and non responsive - a volume down & power press reset it. I have had no problems until recently with my 920.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have to try the cycling of airplane mode and the cell network. As far as what I consider good battery life, my new 920 can easily get through the day with 60 plus percent left on the battery with moderate usage. I can honestly go 2 days without charging it. My first 920 was at 50 percent battery life by noon the same day I charged it.

Firebird68

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have to try the cycling of airplane mode and the cell network. As far as what I consider good battery life, my new 920 can easily get through the day with 60 plus percent left on the battery with moderate usage. I can honestly go 2 days without charging it. My first 920 was at 50 percent battery life by noon the same day I charged it.

For me turning off data then on again did not fix the problem, but turning on airplane mode then off again has always fixed it for me so far. other then that I've had no problems with my 920

madhavtt

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with my 8X on AT&T. Does not connect to LTE when I leave the home (and home network). Resetting cellular data did not fix it, but restarting the phone has a couple of times. I haven't checked if it eventually stops working post-reset, but will keep a look out for that. Will try the Airplane mode on/off as well.

PS: also in Austin, TX

Last edited:

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue and I also live in the Austin area (Round Rock). I have been rebooting the phone to get LTE data connection to work properly.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am in Fort Worth, TX and we have three Lumia 920's and one 8X in the family. My 920 has dropped cellular internet once, my son's has dropped once and my wife's has dropped several times. So far, turning airplane mode on and off has worked. My daughter has not reported the issue with her 8x. All of this occurred after the Portico update.

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had this device for approximately one month. It has recently begun losing data connectivity every day. I experienced this twice before about 4 weeks ago but it hasn't done it again until it started doing it yesterday.

It sometimes returms to normal data connectivity when I power cycle the phone, but not if I turn the data connection off and then back on. I also tried the APN settings that someone listed in one of the Lumia 900 threads on the ATT forums, but that stopped the data connectivity as well. I've been able to duplicate the data connectivity problem with my old Samsung Focus.

I suspect it's an issue with the ATT network, every time I've experienced this issue, it automajically starts working again the next morning when I get up for work.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea mines has gotten worse every day. I can have internet outages 4 or 5 times a day. Its random how long it stays off for, usually turning on/off airplane mode works. Its getting frustrating because it happens so much. My note 2 never did this, so I dont understand how it can be their network issue.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I live in south Austin and haven't had this issue. But my son lives up by Round Rock and has noticed it. Perhaps it's an ATT issue? But his phone is black and he has had to replace it twice (first due to rebooting and now for the battery). Mine is red (we picked them up initially at the same time) and I haven't had any issues at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3